No announcement yet.

The FN FAL a legend and a good friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FN FAL a legend and a good friend.

Am i the only one who miss the FN call me mad but i'd have a FN over a Steyr any day, 7.62mm or 5.56mm you all know which size round you want my friends.

FN!!!!!

Well personaly i prefer the fn fal.... i think the styer is muck!
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Ah my dear old friend, my FN. She was too heavy, she was too long and she broke my heart trying to get a decent group at 300m. But I still miss the old girl. If it came to the crunch and I had to pick between the FN and the Steyr, I would still pick the FN.

Does anyone know what is to become of the FNs in the stores? Probably be sent to the Third world or be deactivated. Would anyone be interested in buying a deactivated FN? If the price was right I think I would.
      Sigs - No amps, no volts = no interest

Comment

couldnt agree more. the FN was a cracker of a weapon. deadly accurate and no feckin optical sight to bother about like with the steyr. also,it was good + comfortable to fire. id carry one in preference to the steyr any day. maybe they should have retained a few of them,say one per section?

Comment

Now there's an idea. Dont mind all this jazz about a Light Support Weapon version of the Steyr or the Minimi, put a bipod and a 30rd mag on an FN. Thats the solution. 7.62 all the way!!!!
          Sigs - No amps, no volts = no interest

Comment

The FN..simple bit effective..and smart on the square also. On duty you felt confident that if somebody tried anything..a butt in the face would sort it all out before you had to even think about safety etc..
            A bit impractical in the back of a nissan tho..you usually ended up with the muzzle in your face..
            We had them in the glen for enemy..we felt safe.. sadly the rain spoiled our fun..the PDF got all wet and had to go home.. :(
            On the range...accurate and effective..hold it properly it will hit what you are aiming at. Failure to do so once it was zeroed was down to bad holding..nothing else..
            Easy to maintain and clean..and no fiddly parts to break or loose. An ideal weapon to train recruits on. The initiation on the range was always funny also..counting the black eyes after the first few rounds have been fired.
            The rounds in your hand felt like proper rounds..not something you might go shooting foxes with.
            When we finished with ours accidentally we fired a few rounds(about 500) on full auto with our q shouting "Lads...stop...heh-heh..ah go on,stop willya" as the Firing point officer loaded mags of 20 to blaze at the butts..
            There is still a place for them. The argies had an LMG version..kept the brits occupied for a while before training took over. Most 3rd world nations who are at war in places where Irish defence forces could be sent as part of a peace support mission still use 7.62....perhaps it is better to keep a few in case you need to reply in kind?

I miss it..but I am old fashioned..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I know whats happening to the FN's but I cant post it here

They were a great weapon, plenty of kick and even though they could be called obsolete a few rounds from one would still nearly half you

Comment

The ultimate

The FN fal, probaly the ultimate in small arms development, if I went into a war this is what I would want to be holding, I would say if Carlsberg made a infantry wepon this would be it.
                No real problems, accurate enuff, u shot wit this; u down. that's the job, hopefully it will remain in the service for a few more years yet.
                "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

FN Fal soft strong and very very long. Bitch to carry but when ya want decent fire power 7.62 v 5.56 no contest!

Comment

I have used the Lee the FN and the Steyr and I have to say out of the three the Steyr is the way forward, light, small (easier for all these new midget recurits to carry!) good rate of fire. I love the optic sight and I find that while I bearly passed ARP with the FN I am closer to marksman with the Steyr.

We had the same debates when the FN came in, all the old hands harked back to the days of the lee (i was just in at the time) and the PDF boys wanted their FN's back
                    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

The FN FAL`s 7.62 has by far the greater stopping power compaired to the steyr`s 5.56. The FN gave you a dead shoulder when carring while on guard but you felt you had the fire power to stop anyone. Although the steyr is lighter for duties and is preferable. I would prefer the FN just for the stopping power alone but the steyr is the job.
                      Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                      http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

I understand how you all feel, people do get attached to what they know and are used to.
                        But the Steyr is the way forward, it is very simple, reliable and lightweight. And it's better to maim a conventional enemy than kill him, so the steyr is your man.
                        Good god Big Al, the lee Enfield, that's only a few steps up from the Brown Bess and the Martini Henry, but it was a hell of a rifle.
                        I'd love to have a deactivated one, same goes for the FN.

Comment

If I was spending 48 hours on tactics carrying out section/platoon attacks I know I would be happier carying the Styer over the FN, yeah the FN packs a better punch but the Styer is a much neater package and a pleaseure to fire and I have fired .303, FN and Styer

Comment

The best FN FAL i ever saw was a custom job owned by a sniper in the Cav down in Mckee it had a 10x powered scope,bipod custom made fiber-glass grip handle it also had a recoil buffer on the piston to stop the barrel jumping, God i nearly came in my pants lookin at the thing GOD I WISH I HAD ONE.

Comment

The Cav arent in mc kee! there in the depo!
                              Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X