No announcement yet.

Joining the PDF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must be ordinarily resident within the State. But I'm not sure how that is defined.

Comment

'- Normal Soldier' ....does that exist?:D
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Has any here went for the army this year.
        I have had my interview, medial and passed my fitness tests a few weeks ago but still I have heard nothing! I was just wondering was it just me :( or was anyone else in the same boat :-patriot:

Comment

Im on the same boat too.. Passed my PT a few weeks ago and am still waiting ( best things come to those who wait )

Seriously, im begining to wonder if they are actully recriuting this year.. Anyone know anything ?

Comment

Yes they are but I guess we shall have to wait. I guess we would have been contacted by now if we'd been unsucessful! (I hope anyways)

Comment

Eligibility Question

A workmate of mine whose from Pakistan and has been working here for 3 years was wondering if he can join the reserves. What is the deal in terms of nationality etc? because i`ve no idea.
              Thanks
              Education isn't everything, for a start it isn't an elephant

Comment

Generally, if you are living within the State and you have the LEGAL right to work here, you can join the reserves.

Comment

Your work permit must cover the minimum enlistment period (i.e. 3 years)

Comment

security clearence will take a LOT longer, tell him to start the paperwork asap. know of a case where an individual is waiting over 9 months.

Comment

Thanks for the info. He has all the legal requirements, he actually be eligible for citizenship in under a year(hes been here a while). 9 months is a long time, do you know why it takes so long?

Comment

he/she has to get a version of security clearence from which ever country s/he has lived in over the last 5 years and from the country of birth which was the delay in the case I know of.

Comment

ok ,thanks

Comment

Fitness Test

Just wondering if anyone has any idea how long after the medical is the fitness test usually done. Had the medical last Thursday and was told that this recruit platoon is starting at the end of may. Seems to be tight considering how long it was between the interview and medical. Thanks

Comment

From my experience it took aprox. 3 weeks after the medical to get the physical, tho you could get it sooner..
                              Had the medical last Thursday and was told that this recruit platoon is starting at the end of may
                              Is this for the Eastern Side ? Last platoon startin i heard was June 21st..

Comment

Yeah its for the East

Comment

Working...
                                X