Joining the PDF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining the PDF.

I have been sending application forms off to join the Army and havent got word back yet..
    I sent one off last year around september and then sent one off a few weeks ago.. are they still recruiting for the army ?
    Im sending them to,

Headquarters 2 Eastern Brigade,
    Cathal Brugha Barracks,
    Rathmines, Dublin 6.

Any thing i need to know, how long to wait or something?
    Thanks !

Yes, Administration puppies are crap. Ring personnel section in E Bde HQ and confirm they have your application on file. Also query if they are recruiting at the moment. I know S Bde is. And ask if you need to reapply next time the DF advertises.

Send an application to the HQ of each Bde too.
    sigpic
    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
    My favourite moment was when the
    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

got a letter this morning from the DF... Have an interview coming up in 2 weeks.. All i can say is, about time, all this waitin is over !

Comment

Interview Dress Code ?

Is there any kind of dress code for the interview for the army ?
        What should i wear.. ?
        Thanks lads !

Comment

Shirt and tie and a jacket.......get a hair cut....not nessacarily a shaved head just neat and tidy........polish the shoes........shave.......don't pick your nose!

Best of luck!
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

It Depends on what your going for,

Enlistment - smartly dressed- shirt (possibly tie) and slacks, NOT STREET CLOTHES, i.e. Designer jeans and trainers.

Cadet - A Suit!!!

Direct Entry - A Suit (or just show up with your degree!!!)
            "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Comment

Are you being interviewed in Dublin or Dundalk?

As I too have applied for the army this would be of help to me if you told me!

Comment

I applied in 1991 and to this day still have not recieved any reply.

Comment

what to bring ?

I have read on the military.ie websiite that you have to bring 2 references with you to the interview but yet of all it said on the form i received just to bring 2 passport photos..

What do i bring to the interview ?

Comment

Bring a CV and if you can get a ref of a priest or clergyman that would help. Wear a suit and be yourself.

Comment

What about a " Record Of Acheivement Folder " ?

Comment

Bring that too, but don't make yourself out to be an "I love myself" sort of person. Present yourself well and hopefully all should fall into place.

Comment

Thanks mate, ill let ya know what happens, any advice for interview ?

Comment

Have some basic information on the army- like its basic structure, the name of the COS and Min For Def, current overseas missions. Have an idea of a basic career path-what corps you would like to serve in after training, hope to serve as an NCO if successful and you are mad to serve overseas. Every interview board loves to hear about overseas.
                            sigpic
                            Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
                            red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Yes groundhog has given you good advice stick with that.
                              Good luck with it!

Comment

Working...
                              X