Joining the PDF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Start ?

When you start in the PDF, do you get a choice on what your looking to do or what, such as infantry etc..
    What is the best one to start in if you get the choice ?

Comment

hi ...i had an interview with eastern brigade last year...all i had to bring was 2 passport photographs and they didnt ask me for references...
      wasnt successful with the eastern brigade but i'll be more prepared this time...have that interview this year for west ...i am a member of the f.c.a...could any1 advise me whether to wear the no.1 uniform to the interview???? :-patriot: x
      miss military.
      xxxxx
      Eireann go bragh:-patriot:

Comment

Don't, wear smart civvies instead.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

could any1 advise me whether to wear the no.1 uniform to the interview

it would want to be in very very very very very very good condition. listen to FM
          You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

hi lads ...thanks 4 the reply..it is in good condition ...any other reason why i shouldnt wear it as i and do the defence forces prefer to take on lads?????:-patriot:
            miss military.
            xxxxx

Comment

Anyone I've ever talked to who was involved with the PDF recruitment process has advised against FCA personnel wearing their No.1's to an interview.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

thanks for the info....any advice on the interview???
                miss military.
                xxxxx

Comment

I spoke to an officer who was conducting interviews once who said that in his book wearing the uniform was a plus. It would be with me if I was on a board. Obviously it's a personal choice both for the interviewer and interviewee. But remember if you wear uniform your drill will be under scrutiny as well as everything else.
                  sigpic
                  Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                  My favourite moment was when the
                  Originally posted by hedgehog
                  red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

dont mind doing that...but do u think it will give a good/bad impression??? really in two minds now!! thankyou:-patriot:
                    miss military.
                    xxxxx

Comment

i was told the same thats why i thought it would be a good idea..thanks for the info and wish me luck.!!!!!!!!!!!!:-patriot:
                      miss military.
                      xxxxx

Comment

Questions ?

What kind of questions will ill be asked when im going for my interview, things i should know ?
                        Thanks

Comment

What interview you going for?
                          I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

interview for the army, just normal soldier..

Comment

Wow,

Judging by this thread getting into the Regular Army is rather difficult.

Remember those army films where a person just signed up and was shipped out right away?

Those were(n't) the good times :D

Great to see how the DF is striving for high quality in its recruits as well as officers...

Might I be wrong..?
                              True soldiers don't scurry for their reward..

Comment

In terms of joining, I swear there was nothing on military.ie's recruitment page stating you had to be a citizen to join. Is this true?
                                "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X