Reserve Call-Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserve Call-Ups

If I'm a recruit just sworn in, what rank would i have to be or period of time would i have to serve before I'm eligible to be called up for full-time service if an emergency should occur and the RDF are mobilised:flagwave:
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Normally as a 3 star,you would be available,but depending on the emergency...you could be called as a 2 star.

What kind of emergency had you in mind?:-patriot:

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

War, or a civil emergency
      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Ask your platoon sergeant next week.

Regards etc

Comment

"Here at Rumour Control ..... " .... note the locality of those two.

Covert sniggers
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

should should have been told, as a member you are available for call up

Comment

Ok DFR 1954 . May be amended by later legislation et. al.
              Officers

Reservists on Permanent Service

Reservists ATCP

These are just the headliners.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

But surely without proper training i'd be more of a liablity then a benefit to the defence of the nation.

Another thing I don't know if you can talk about it, but what is the plan should a war or civil emergency occur as a reservist do i report to Brugha barracks or my RDF centre

Comment

relax havoc, the brits arent massing at the border just yet
                  You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

I thought the point of the reserves was to be ready for such an occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL
                      But surely without proper training i'd be more of a liablity then a benefit to the defence of the nation.
                      **cough** cannon fodder **cough**
                      Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Not that much of a liability, but not leading from the front either

Comment

You'll be told where, when and if you are required to report. When you are deemed ready you will be taken to wherever the job is that you have to do and will be told when and how to do it. The rest is luck. In the meantime don't worry, be happy.
                          sigpic
                          Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                          My favourite moment was when the
                          Originally posted by hedgehog
                          red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Ah Yes!! Brings me back. I remember the 70's. "You are being mobilised, report to ........next . ......at...... .hrs. Great Days. Don't sweat! If it happens, it happens!

Comment

Yes, don't worry CIE will be going on strike soon as well as the screws & maybe the binmen might throw in their lot,so you might get what you wish for:D
                              Live long and prosper!

Comment

Working...
                              X