No announcement yet.

Replacements for the MAGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the C-mags the lads were talking about a while ago also be an option for
    a proposed AUG HBAR LSW (as below), rather than the 42 rd mag, which would
    probably be slightly unwieldy when in the prone position?

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

we recieved a couple of the above for testing purposes, I think the idea was to use them on an M-4 as they wouldnt fit the M-249. They were heavy and awkward and were not recieved well, although if you gave an automatic rifleman an m-4 with a reinforced barrell and bipod with these drums he would probably find it less awkward and heavy than the M-249.......
      I believe this C-Mag was discussed earlier and potential problems with feeding were brought up.
      When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
      All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

Do the df have any programme looking for a replacement for the mag?
        Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Apperently the Minmi has been selected for section level fire support and the MAG is to remain on at weapons pln level. The Minimi has been test fire several times its just the funding as usual. On the magazine fed mgs the each have one in built stoppage and that is the mag itself.
          Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
          http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Maybe we could trade in that shiny new gov jet for the minimi,1 carefull owner hardly ever used:D
            Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Working...
            X