Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German people - Irish Army ?

Hi,

Is it possible for German people who have a German & Irish nationality to enter the Irish army ? if yes, what are the conditions ?

Are you an Irish citizen? If so it wouldnt be a problem. as a matter of interest,why do you want to join the Irish Army in preference to the Bundeswehr? (dunno if i spelled that right,thank God for the moderator)

Comment

Well I'm not him, but I saw something on the Bundeswehr getting a major reduction, like closing bases and installations and reducing force size.
      "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

Most of the reductions in manpower is expected to come from the abolition of conscription.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

ah jaysus thanks joshua. where'd we be without you?

Comment

There is or was a lad in the west who is half German. I thought his nickname was Helmet and wondered why until someone explained to me that his name is Helmuth.

Anyway he was a space cadet who's party piece was a Sex Pistols number complete with breaking beer bottles off the wall.
            sigpic
            Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
            My favourite moment was when the
            Originally posted by hedgehog
            red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

I´m not a citizen at present. I live in Germany and I was thinking of joining the irish army because of the reductions. Please give me some information about the conditions.

Comment

Perhaps you should visit the Defence Forces website and contact a man power officer, www.military.ie .
                I don't know what your chances are but you might have to live in Ireland for 6 months before enlistment, but don't take this as complete fact.

Comment

thanks for the tip! is there an exception because of the age limit 27 ?

Comment

Its going to be pretty hard to join the PDF at 27... perhaps if you are a specailist you might find it easier?

however you may be able to join the RDF which is part time,

I think your best bet would be to contact the information officer Captain Sean I Fatharta on

+353 (0)1 8042690

If your calling from Germany leave out that zero inside the brackets.

Best of luck !!!!

Comment

As a matter of interest, how about an Irish person joining the Bundeswehr? - obviously the person must be a resident, but is there any restrictions on irish people joining?

Comment

I'd imagine a good command of the German language would be a good starting
                        point. As for eligibility, I imagine their requirements may be similiar to ours,
                        i.e; be a citizen by birth, be born of parents so born, or hold citizenship, in which
                        case, other factors would apply...
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                        X