Skill-At-Arms Courses 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skill-At-Arms Courses 2004

I'm looking for information on SAA courses for 2004. Are these run at brigade level or at DFTC? What is the duration? What are the criteria for students?If this info is deemed sensitive please PM me.

Comments on course content and effectiveness would be apreciated from members who have completed the course in the past. No hearsay please.

Thanks

MOD: These questions should be directed toward your cadre staff. This information should not be pmd, communicated, unless you know the poster personally

If replying do not include dates timings locations etc

I`m glad the mod reopened this. Whats a skill at arms course?
    Air Corps Veteran

Comment

ya actually i dont have a clue either??

Comment

Usually involves being trained up and firing the rifle, pistol, and support wpns
        (GPMG, 84mm A/Tk, etc.). Obviously, this is tailored to suit the Reserve...
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Do all ranks fire all the weapons or is the BAP left to Snr. NCO's and Officers??

Comment

Technically all ranks can fire that weapon. Traditionally in infantry units it is left to Sgts and upwards. But once you are TOET'd on the weapon there is no reason why you should not fire.

Comment

Sorry to pull this back on topic but is there anyone on the board who has completed a skill-at-arms course?

Comment

Yes Sluggie - how soon do you need to know? Fancy a pint on Wednesday???
                I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

I done a few. A week of brushing up on your marksmanship skills in a particular weapon.. Can I join you for that pint??? or is it a "private party"

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                    Covert Operations

I haven't seen a Skill at Arms course on the Training Program this year....
                    It is there. Look harder.

Comment

It must have been fierce covert ops we were planning - since my last post was deleted.... But Goldie can come too..

There's no point in me repeating my original comments about it happening since Docman has clarified that.

[MOD: Meaningless prattle eg your last post, is deleted as per section rules.If you want to chat use the chat room, your phone or take it to general Regards etc]
                      I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

Working...
                      X