RDF on RTE Radio 1 - 19 Feb 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDF on RTE Radio 1 - 19 Feb 2004

I heard the end of an interview with RDF members on Radio 1 this morning.

Anyone hear the programme in full? What unit was interviewed?
    Beart do reir ar mbriathar

which show was it on??

Marian Finucane??

you can download the last five days radio shows from RTE radio here...

?http://www.rte.ie/radio1/morning/

any chance you could use that to locate which show it was then post the correct link for the rest of us to download????
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Here it is:

from memory it was near the end and the unit was based in Mullingar, Co Westmeath.
      www.twitter.com/mickthehack

Comment

I heard most of the interview, seemed to be quite positive towards the RDF it was aimed more at those who don`t know to much about it, it explained that it had changed from FCA to RDF and told us that the RDF don`t go overseas on missions.

Comment

FFS who let that go out, "I want to be in a battle", "I couldnt hack it all the time". Very professional
          You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Heard the item, Marian said at the beginning that she was sure that the the FCA was 'no longer in existence' and I do not think she meant it had changed its name Either
            it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
            Winston churchill

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere
              Heard the item, Marian said at the beginning that she was sure that the the FCA was 'no longer in existence' and I do not think she meant it had changed its name Either

What's new! That lady is not sure of very much and is completely lacking when it comes to Defence matters!

Comment

Had a listen to this tonight. Fair play to the female 2/Lt the reporter interviewed, who I felt really sold the organisation. The Lt's name I caught at the end of the piece.

From investigation, I have determined that the unit in question was 9 FAR, Columb Barracks, Mullingar

Glad that the one of the fellas who was interviewed mentioned being soaked after 4 days in the Glen. Not exactly the "free clothes" image some people have of the Reserve as a whole....
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Like all of the Defence Forces the RDF needs to broaden its Public Image. Even the Masonic order cast away much of the secrecy they were shrouded in for an RTE Documentary last night.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

The 2/Lt photo was on this Board a month or two ago after her commissoning ,she is a member of the 9FAR Columb Bks Mullingar,I thought the piece was cut a bit short but was good for the Reserves,most of those interviewed are less than 7 or 8 years in the Unit.

{MOD Edited to remove names.}

Comment

..."A threat to the dads army...no offence to anybody" FFS which is it - make up your mind marian

Comment

Copies available from

treasa.ni.fhatharta@tg4.ie

Regards etc

Baile na hAbhann, Co. na Gaillimhe.
                        Iarratas ar chóipeanna VHS de chláir / Application for VHS copies of programmes
                        (úsáid phríobháideach tís amháin) / (for private and domestic use only)
                        Roimh aon iarratas a chur chugainn léigh na codanna anseo thíos a bhaineann le Coinníollacha agus Sonraí Íocaíochta. / Before submitting an application read the Conditions and Payment Details below.
                        EOLAS PEARSANTA/PERSONAL INFORMATION:
                        Ainm & Seoladh / Name & Address:
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Uimhir Teileafóin/Telephone number: Seoladh ríomhphoist / E-mail address:
                        ------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------------------
                        SONRAÍ FAOIN gCLÁR: PROGRAMME DETAILS:
                        Teideal an chláir: Programme title:
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Dáta craolta/Transmission date: __________________________
                        Tá an t-eolas seo an-tábhachtach maidir le do chlár a aimsiú. Mura bhfuil sé ar fáil ní thig linn cóip VHS a sholáthar de réir na sonraí íocaíochtaí agus na dtáillí atá liostaithe anseo thíos. Gearrtar táille €30.00 san uair ar thaighde breise.
                        Cuir isteach aon sonraí eile maidir leis an gclár nó leis an ítim a theastaíonn uait:/ Please enter any other details relating to the programme or item you require:

SONRAÍ ÍOCAÍOCHTA / PAYMENT DETAILS:
                        Rachfar i dteagmháil leat le ríomhphost i gcás an clár a theastaíonn uait a bheith ar fáil. Más mian leat an ítim iarrtha a cheannach is ceart duit an ríomhphost sin a chló agus cóip de a chur ar aghaidh, in éineacht le seic nó ordú poist (ná cuir airgead tirim) don mhéid atá I gceist. Ní ceart aon eolas airgeadais a chur chugainn le post leictreonach aon tráth.

You will be contacted by e-mail if the programme you require is available. If you wish to purchase the requested item you should print off that e-mail and send a copy of it along with a cheque or postal order (Do Not Send Cash) for the necessary amount. No financial information should be sent to us by electronic mail at any time.

* Is ceart Seiceanna/Orduithe Poist a bheith iníoctha le “Seirbhísí Theilifís na Gaeilge Teo” agus is ceart iad a chur chuig an seoladh thuas.

* Cheques/P.O.’s should be made payable to “Seirbhísí Theilifís na Gaeilge Teo” and sent to the above address.

RÁTAÍ/RATES:

Clár 30 nóim €88 + CBL @ 21% = €106.50
                        Os cionn 30 nóim €125 + CBL @ 21% = €151.00
                        Baineann na rátaí seo le hábhar atá ar fáil cheana ar Beta SP.

30 minutes programme € 88 + VAT @ 21% = €106.50
                        Over 30 minutes €125 + VAT @ 21% = €151.00
                        These rates refer to material which is already available on Beta SP.

SEACHADADH / DELIVERY:

Tógann seachadadh 21 lá ón uair a fhaightear seic.
                        Allow 21 days from receipt of cheque for delivery.

COINNÍOLLACHA / CONDITIONS:

Ní ráthaíonn an t-iarratas seo go bhfuil ábhar áirithe ar fáil. Más rud é nach bhfuil ábhar ar fáil gheobhaidh tú scéala le ríomhphost agus ní ceart seic/ordú poist a chur chugainn. Tuigtear go soiléir gur le haghaidh úsáide príobháidí amháin atá aon chóip VHS a sholáthraítear. Ní cheadaítear í a chóipeáil nó a úsáid in aon slí seachas an cúis gur sholáthaireach é, nó é a usáid in aon slí a dhéanfadh dochar d’aon duine nó comhlacht. Nuair a chuirtear an fhoirm seo chugainn táthar ag comhaontú leis na coinníollacha seo.

This application does not guarantee availability. Should material not be available you will be advised by e-mail and should not send cheque/P.O. It is clearly understood that any VHS copy provided is for private use only. It must not be copied or used in any manner, other then the specific purpose for which it is supplied or in any way which is detrimental to any person or body. Submission of this form constitutes agreement to these conditions.

Comment

You would think the person instructing the class would have been properly prepared

Question Technique? ........ Very Poor ............ F .... for lack of effort

Comment

Yeah, Brian, I noticed that too. The thing that stood out for me was the NCO doing
                            lesson on the weapon, saying "What's this part, no.7?"

This merely encourages the rest of the class to switch off, when they realise that
                            poor oul' no.7 has been asked the question. Instead of:

"What's this part..... (Long Pause....).... NO.7?"
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                            X