A Female Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Female Question?

I'm just curious if a recruit platoon must have a certain percentage of women in it?
    I heard this lately but i thought it sounded a bit strange. I mean shouldn't it depend on who does best in their interviews and p.t test???:confused:
    miss military.
    xxxxx
    Eireann go bragh:-patriot:

Originally posted by miss-military
    I'm just curious if a recruit platoon must have a certain percentage of women in it? I heard this lately but i thought it sounded a bit strange. I mean shouldn't it depend on who does best in their interviews and p.t test???:confused:
    I have no idea about the specific circumstance, but equality legislation allows for the rectification of past discrimination. Some parts of government organisations are being told they **must** be representative of greater society.

Instead of taking the absolutely best candidates, organisations are taking representative proportions of qualified candidates. If you take the absolutely best candidates for line positions, you run the risk of them becoming bored with the job as it no longer challenges them.

The above is in general and not specific to the DF.
    Last edited by Victor; 21 February 2004, 17:21.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Not as far as I am aware. If it is the case it's not enforced nor should it be.

Comment

There's no affirmative action in the RDF . I assume you mean PDF again I don't think theres AA there either.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I'm just curious if a recruit platoon must have a certain percentage of women in it?

No. I've trained platoons with from zero to 13 females in them.
          sigpic
          Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
          My favourite moment was when the
          Originally posted by hedgehog
          red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Ground hog is right, the normal ratio is interview 250ish to get 50 recruits, of these, it wouldnt matter if it was 50 women or no women, it is the top 50 what ever gender they are that get chosen
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Your right, it SHOULD only depend on how the units members perform,
              and not whats best equality wise.

That wouldnt do anyone any favors, least of all women!! Theres a fair few females in my RDF unit and TBH theyre far quicker (and seem more interested) at picking things up than most of the blokes.

BTW I passed my RDF medical yesterday, the hernia testing was quite entertaining too :D
              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus
                BTW I passed my RDF medical yesterday, the hernia testing was quite entertaining too :D
                I can think of a lot more ways to describe that test than "entertaining" Seriously (shudders at memories) :(

I've done it 5 times!! (and Never Failed)

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

What is up there Morph and Bailer...I am a virgin poster here from B Coy

I had my medical there last yesterday as well...I could've thought of better things to do with my balls, but if having them prodded by a medic but if it means i get sworn in quicker I`m all for it!

right now to start lookin around this mofo :D

Comment

serious hits on this topic !

[MOD: The first post in this thread was extracted from the PT thread and carries with it the "hits" from that thread.]

Comment

well thanks for the information!!!!! Interesting!!!:p
                      miss military.
                      xxxxx
                      Eireann go bragh:-patriot:

Comment

I thought it was funny! on relation to the thread, are women serving in front line roles on peace enforcement missions etc?
                        Last edited by morpheus; 24 February 2004, 00:06.
                        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                          This must be an E Bde thing, it certainly doesn't happen down here...
                          http://www.ohiohealth.com/healthrefe...?category=9720

Regards etc
                          Support the Search Function.

Comment

I thought it was funny! on relation to the thread, are women serving in front line roles on peace enforcement missions etc?
                            As far as I know yes

Comment

You thought it was funny?? Albeit if it was a female doctor it would be a completely different story, but I'm betting it was a man!!
                              Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Working...
                              X