No announcement yet.

Join this RDF unit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually hotdawg it's not molly, ackack658 has been around for quite a while.prob even longer than you or me.
    Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

hmmmm... the thick plottens

MOD: Take it to chat or us PMs
      Last edited by DeV; 18 October 2006, 18:04.
      Ack ack ack ack ack..Kaboom!! hooray!!!! arrrrrr....
      Pedro lacks political experience

Comment

C COY 62 RESERVE INFANTRY BATTALION

For all those who would like to parade in Co.Wicklow.

We parade at the following locations & times:

The Murrough (Beside the hostel), Wicklow Town, Wednesdays 8-10pm

Arklow Community College, Arklow, Wednesdays 8-10pm

Parochial Hall, Tinahely, Tuesdays 8-10pm

Limited places available

Bring your Birth Certificate & 2 passport photos

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
          C COY 62 RESERVE INFANTRY BATTALION

For all those who would like to parade in Co.Wicklow.

We parade at the following locations & times:

The Murrough (Beside the hostel), Wicklow Town, Wednesdays 8-10pm

Arklow Community College, Arklow, Wednesdays 8-10pm

Parochial Hall, Tinahely, Tuesdays 8-10pm

Limited places available

Bring your Birth Certificate & 2 passport photos
          I note that when you click on the link for C Coy it says these are the only
          training centres (as above) in Co Wicklow.

Has Bray been transferred over to Co Dublin???
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Bray (now HQ Coy) parades on Wednesday nights from 8 until 10. Recruits always welcome.
            "You didn't tell us to use our initiative, Sergeant!"

Comment

I pop onto the 62infantry.com website now and again to have a look.
              One thing I noted - the old 20th/21st divide is still alive and well, from the
              lanyards I've seen on view in the latest pictures from the Pot NCO passing
              out. Any sign on a common lanyard for the battalion?
              And can the CQ's get their fingers out and get those new Cpls kitted out in
              decent No.1 uniforms?
              The two tones on view must be embarrasing for those lads.

One last thing - out of curiosity.... what location is this parade being held in?

Last edited by Truck Driver; 30 October 2006, 16:57.
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

What location
                IAC base.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua View Post
                  IAC base.
                  Ta for that...

Comment

Originally posted by hotdawg View Post
                    ah give him a break, I've figured out who this is, and he's only just joined, we'll get him there. Since then he's been on deployment, and is all set to start training up in 2AD. and when he's pretty good, we'll steal him back to the 3AD!
                    I was out of touch for a bit, and now it seems the burning sensation around my ears was not sunburn after all...

I have not been in contact with 2AD yet, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks, so I don't know who you were reffering to. I would be interested to find out who from 3 AD is now in 2AD, though.

If anyone from 2AD wants to PM me, and I can get the low down on the Unit, it would be nice. And anyone from 3AD now in dublin, give me a shout and we'll grab a pint.

Oh, and no, I haven't just joined. Been around for a while....

Slightly OT, I found some pics of 3AD marching at the St Patricks Day parade a few years ago. Where should I post them?
                    ====================================
                    Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
                    ====================================

Comment

Originally posted by ackack658 View Post
                      .....Slightly OT, I found some pics of 3AD marching at the St Patricks Day parade a few years ago. Where should I post them?
                      Look at the top right hand corner of the screen. You'll see a link
                      entitled "Gallery".
                      Click on this, and all the site photos have been lumped in there.
                      I think you need to register to get an account to post pictures, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ackack658 View Post
                        I was out of touch for a bit, and now it seems the burning sensation around my ears was not sunburn after all...

I have not been in contact with 2AD yet, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks, so I don't know who you were reffering to. I would be interested to find out who from 3 AD is now in 2AD, though.

If anyone from 2AD wants to PM me, and I can get the low down on the Unit, it would be nice. And anyone from 3AD now in dublin, give me a shout and we'll grab a pint.

Oh, and no, I haven't just joined. Been around for a while....

Slightly OT, I found some pics of 3AD marching at the St Patricks Day parade a few years ago. Where should I post them?
                        Well I was since corrected, so its a new recruit of ours is now in dublin, plans to start training with 2ad soon, PM me and we'll sort something out.
                        Ack ack ack ack ack..Kaboom!! hooray!!!! arrrrrr....
                        Pedro lacks political experience

Comment

Recruiting

B Company
                          58th Infantry Battalion
                          4th Western Brigade

Are always recruiting for active, motivated and eager recruits.

If you live in the Letterkenny area of Donegal, or its surroundings and are interested in the Irish Army Reserve Defence Force, B Company is your closest Unit of enlistment.

To enquire about the Reserves or B Company in general I would advise that you turn up for our weekly parade every Tuesday night at 20:00, Eight o'clock in the evening, at Rockhill house Letterkenny.

Alternativly you could also post here in this thread or send me a private message.

Any questions at all i will do my best to answer.

As examples of the types of activities you will get the oppertunity to encounter, i will talk about what various B Company members have experienced this year alone in the various camps.

(1) Small Infantry Tactics Course, including Section in Attack, Company in Attack.
                          (2) Assisting the PDF in training for UN missions including: fixed positions defence against company sized attacks, Hostage rescue scenarios, Fighting in Built up areas, Night attacks etc.
                          (3) Assisting the PDF in a local level in 24 hour guard duties.
                          (3) Orienteering Course
                          (4) Annual Range Practice - 5.56 Steyr AUG
                          (5) .5 Heavy Weapons course
                          (6) 7.62 General Purpose Machine Gun course
                          (7) 81mm Mortar course
                          (8) SINCGAR communications course
                          (9) Potential Non-Commissioned Officer's course
                          (10) Commemorating the 1916 Easter Rising in the national represenation parade in Dublin.

Note: The above is brief, if you are interested in particular details, please do not be afraid to ask.

Comment

Recruiting

A Company
                            58th Infantry Battalion
                            4th Western Brigade

We're fairly closely linked to B coy, train with them etc, only difference really is we recruit from the East Donegal(i.e. Lifford) and Inishowen area. Also train in Rockhill on Tuesdays at 20.00, contact Rockhill House if you're interested. Activities/exercises this year- similar to B coy. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Comment

Hi All,

One of my unit is currently studying in GMIT in Galway. He was hoping to attach to a unit based in Mellows Barracks, Renmore.

Any suggestions?

Comment

I've done some stuff with Sp Coy 51Bn, but they only train at weekends. Might be better off training with 54 Engineers, I think they train on Thursdays. I'm pretty sure theres other units there as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X