Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lanyards

Where could you purchase a cavalry corp lanyard?:confused:
    "The tide doesn't come up for another six hours, you want to wait around here for another six hours ?"

Did you try in the mess?
    Sounds strange but thats where they are usually sold or contact the tailor or CQ!

Comment

Does anyone know anyone who makes lanyards?

Comment

I know I guy in my unit.

Comment

You should try you`re cadre staff, in our unit one of the PDF cpls sells the unit lanyards and flashes. If not they might send you in the right direction.

Comment

Welcome Brendan....Oh Loyal crewman...........Be nice to those poor b******s above in the S+T.

Recce Corporal:D :D :D
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Lanyards - How are they made?

Hi All.

Due to a major shortage of Lanyards in my unit (No. 1 uniform), I was looking into a way of getting them made. I've done a bit of investigation and have found out the they are made making a series of knots called Macramé.

Now my Bn colours are Blue and Green and I have an existing lanyard as a Guide. Can anyone give me more info/advice on it before I get started and make a bags of it.

I'm using http://www.virtualmuseum.ca/Exhibiti...quareknot.html as a guide.

As a side, I assume noone knows the lanyard coulours for the new amalgamated RIBs (we don't even know the flashes so I assume lanyard colours hasn't even been considered).

Comment

Try Outdoor Adventure Store, they have 2 shops in Dublin, selling outdoor & scouting equipment

They may be able to put you in touch with the people who make scouts lanyard (I know they are different) but they may be able to help.

Comment

I can put you in touch with someone who makes them for members of the 7th, but I doubt if he will part with any information on how he makes them.
                  it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
                  Winston churchill

Comment

there is the cutest female cpl in the mil col, she used to be a vikingess, who makes them, btw she is gorgeous, prepare to have your hearts melted
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I had to get a load of them made up for members of my unit, a member of the DF who does it as
                      a sideline did them for us. A mate of mine who knows the individual acted as a go between....
                      I can assure you, an excellent job was done on same.......
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

The man in yester years at the very top of o'connell street may be able to help you? Also has the very gucci brass cap badges for sale, quite expensive though!
                        The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                          Correct me if i'm wrong but Lanyards are not issues items, so all units should have a source who manufactures them.
                          Except for the Arty and the MP's - theirs ARE on issue....
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver
                            Except for the Arty and the MP's - theirs ARE on issue....
                            Since both corps have a single lanyard colour, thus making issuing them economical. Whereas some pissant corps unit in the middle of nowhere needing 1 or 2 a year wouldn't be economical to supply

Comment

hate to say this docman but did you ever think of asking the slua, after all the knots are their forte,

keep safe.

Comment

Working...
                              X