Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
    An Cosantóir offices are in DFTC also
    There is no quicker way to make something irrelevant than making it obscure and it's existence uncertain. The Cosantoir needs clout to comment and air points of view on everyday military and military family matters. I always thought it was housed near D.Int, in days of yore at Parkgate. We seem to be good at making things homeless.

Comment

It is located as far from anything operational in the Defence Forces it may as well be based in the Junior Ministers constituency office in Wexico. No windows of use so those who work there couldn't even see anything interesting happening outside if they wanted to.
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
        There is no quicker way to make something irrelevant than making it obscure and it's existence uncertain. The Cosantoir needs clout to comment and air points of view on everyday military and military family matters. I always thought it was housed near D.Int, in days of yore at Parkgate. We seem to be good at making things homeless.
        Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
        It is located as far from anything operational in the Defence Forces it may as well be based in the Junior Ministers constituency office in Wexico. No windows of use so those who work there couldn't even see anything interesting happening outside if they wanted to.
        I’ve subscribed since around 1997/98, in that era their was the odd opinion type article, generally looking at what other countries were doing. They very occasionally appear still.

When you look back thought the archives it was probably more so looking out than in. That void is now arguable filled by DF Review.

They can only publish the articles sent into them....

For at least 20 years or so, An Cosantoir has been part of PR Branch under office of COS.

I would say 1MIC and 1ACS would feel that they are operational units.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
          I’ve subscribed since around 1997/98, in that era their was the odd opinion type article, generally looking at what other countries were doing. They very occasionally appear still.

When you look back thought the archives it was probably more so looking out than in. That void is now arguable filled by DF Review.

They can only publish the articles sent into them....

For at least 20 years or so, An Cosantoir has been part of PR Branch under office of COS.

I would say 1MIC and 1ACS would feel that they are operational units.
          They are, but you can't see them from An Cosantoir offices.
          I don't think you can see anything from the offices except maybe the cars parked outside, and even then.....

Comment

Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
            I always thought it was housed near D.Int, in days of yore at Parkgate. We seem to be good at making things homeless.
            I remember going in to the offices when they were beside D. Int a few times as an 19/19 year old thinking of joining up, friendly crew, always left with free posters, photos, diaries etc. Seems a strange decision to have moved it from that relatively accessible spot.

Comment

Their current location reminds me a lot of the quote from Hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy.
              But the plans were on display…’
              on display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.’
              `That’s the display department.’
              `With a torch.’
              `Ah, well the lights had probably gone.’
              `So had the stairs.’
              `But look you found the notice didn’t you?’
              `Yes,’ said Arthur, `yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying “Beware of The Leopard“

Comment

First online only edition

Comment

I'm not happy with the reader. You can't zoom into the page. (unless I missed something).
                  Otherwise the same excellent content. Sad to see Wayne move on. Big shoes to fill.

Comment

You can zoom on a mobile device

Comment

You can zoom everything on a mobile device. I can pinch my PC screen all I want tough and nothing will happen...
                      Most readers have a function when you click on a page, it opens to a size you can read it. Not possible here.

Comment

I opened it on mobile and pinched it to zoom with no problems. Not sure why its bugging out for you.

Comment

I've been reading it on a laptop screen and perfect. Can zoom and everything. Very usable.

Comment

"You can't zoom into the page."

Move closer to the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                              "You can't zoom into the page."

Move closer to the screen.
                              And the award for most unhelpful post of the forum goes to.....

Look at any other online magazine, you have the option to zoom into articles and photos. Instead I see 2 pages filling the screen, I can't read it and I can't zoom in.

Thing is, their older format had it.
                              Last edited by na grohmiti; 15 September 2020, 20:08.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                                And the award for most unhelpful post of the forum goes to.....

Look at any other online magazine, you have the option to zoom into articles and photos. Instead I see 2 pages filling the screen, I can't read it and I can't zoom in.

Thing is, their older format had it.
                                I'm zooming in on a laptop by pinching out on the trackpad?

Comment

Working...
                                X