Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeV View Post
    Virtual 10km again this year

personally I think they once restrictions are lifted the option should be retained
    I don't know. The whole idea of travelling to Dublin to run with all ranks from all corps and services to me was a huge factor in participating. There's a buzz there that you just won't get running/walking around your normal surroundings on your own at home.
    10 years since I did it, and that was in Baldonnel. Had intended doing it this year, but as I'm not a runner normally, the virtual option does not appeal to me. The dogs will get walked regardless.
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

I don't know. The whole idea of travelling to Dublin to run with all ranks from all corps and services to me was a huge factor in participating. There's a buzz there that you just won't get running/walking around your normal surroundings on your own at home.
      10 years since I did it, and that was in Baldonnel. Had intended doing it this year, but as I'm not a runner normally, the virtual option does not appeal to me. The dogs will get walked regardless.
      My thinking is more can participate as it isn’t just on a week day, isn’t just in Dublin and it isn’t just at a particular time

I did say retained as an option not that it should be fully virtual

Comment

Am I right in saying you shouldn't sign up as a guest unless you've been refererred personally? As in it wouldn't be open to the general public

Comment

Originally posted by Jaque'ammer View Post
          Am I right in saying you shouldn't sign up as a guest unless you've been refererred personally? As in it wouldn't be open to the general public
          My understanding is, because it's virtual, anyone can enter as a guest. Don't be afraid to email them to check though. This is the 2nd year virtual and they have set a template for all other virtual runs. NS had theirs last week too.
          I entered this as "Retired 1 Brigade"(which is the closest a former RDF member could be) Tested the Strava app walking the dog earlier on the route, and safe to say dog ain't coming when I do it for real.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks

Comment

T Shirt arrived this morning.
              An Cosantair (Virtual) 10K is on!

Comment

2 years later, I hate the new format. I hate the font they use, the page layout, the backgrounds. The articles are still of a very high quality, it's just not an e-reading friendly format. I have to zoom into an article to read it, then zoom out again to move to the page alongside. Viewing it as a .pdf is still the only reasonable way to read it. Unacceptable this day and age. Should be click to zoom, with an arrow right to view next page at same zoom. Is that too much to ask?
                From now on (now that I'm back in the office), I'll be printing out each issue on A4. To hell with the rain forest, we're already burning.

Comment

Working...
                X