Clear All

• jpb
    replied
    you are wrong

Leave a comment:

• The Joker
    replied
    Originally posted by The Joker
    I cannot answer goldies question. All I can say is what I was told, which was that the course I did was not regconised outside.
    As said earlier....now correct me if I am wrong, but I wouldnt consider myself stupid for thinking that if an instructor teachers a class something, even tho the instructor is not qualified to teach it outside the people to whom he thought it to ARE qualified outside.....that system is bullshit of the highest degree.

Leave a comment:

• jpb
    replied
    joker,

you do not have a clue do you, OFA run and certified by the DF are recognised in civvie street, there are a few members on this board that i have trained and certified that took their certs to their employers and they are recognised.

it may have something to do with the Health and Safety Athaurity registration, you know the people that actually gave the guidelines for SI 44 of the health and safety act, you know the people that instructors have to be registered with FFS,

keep safe.

PS : the university of limerick recognises DF OFA certification for their courses for PTI ect, and they are one of the higher seats of learning in the country.
    Last edited by jpb; 24 June 2005, 08:36.

Leave a comment:

• Boomer
    replied
    The confusion probably arises from the fact that the INSTRUCTORS course is not recognised outside the DF while the Occupational First Aid course itself is.

Leave a comment:

• The Joker
    replied
    I cannot answer goldies question. All I can say is what I was told, which was that the course I did was not regconised outside.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    The question begs,do the HSA recognise it? If not, litigation could follow...again.

Leave a comment:

• The Joker
    replied
    Originally posted by yellowjacket
    Possible contender for the stupidest thing of the year award 2005.

The whole point of an occupational first aid course is that it's recognised by the Health and Safety Authority for occupational purposes. If it's not recognised then it shouldn't be known by that name.

The DF either need to get theselves registered properly as a recognised training establishment, or rename and reorient the course to something more appropriate.

How about something along the lines of the UK combat medical technician qualification?
    The name is the same, but the first thing we were told when we were doing the instructors course was....this course is not regconised outside.

Leave a comment:

• yellowjacket
    replied
    Army Occupational First Aid Courses are not recgonised outside the DF
    Possible contender for the stupidest thing of the year award 2005.

The whole point of an occupational first aid course is that it's recognised by the Health and Safety Authority for occupational purposes. If it's not recognised then it shouldn't be known by that name.

The DF either need to get theselves registered properly as a recognised training establishment, or rename and reorient the course to something more appropriate.

How about something along the lines of the UK combat medical technician qualification?

Leave a comment:

• The Joker
    replied
    I know but it just isnt. Its because the instructors are not.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Originally posted by The Joker
    No Goldie, Army Occupational First Aid Courses are not recgonised outside the DF.

In realtion to BamBam's question: The course is not held in any special location it is just held in a normal class room. Expect to gain a lot of knowledge...hopefully.
    Why not? The course content is the same!

Leave a comment:

• The Joker
    replied
    No Goldie, Army Occupational First Aid Courses are not recgonised outside the DF.

In realtion to BamBam's question: The course is not held in any special location it is just held in a normal class room. Expect to gain a lot of knowledge...hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    I'd Imagine an occupational first aid course is an occupational first aid course no matter where you go...

Leave a comment:

• Boomer
    replied
    Dunno where its run, but if its run the way i run them you bring yourself, a sponge (ie your brain) and loose comfortable clothing (Chances are as its a DF course you will be in uniform anyway). Be prepared for plenty of hands on work *

Shane

* Please note thats the way I do the course the DF could be totally different....

Leave a comment:

• Bam Bam
    replied
    I'm going on an Occupational First Aid course in july

Where are these usually run?

What should I expect and bring?

Leave a comment:

• santos
    replied
    there was a first aid course run by the 11th field medical last year was open to all units in dublin area did it myself and found it very worth while

Leave a comment:

Working...
X