Repeat interviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeat interviews?

If you pass the interview for the d.f but fail the fitness test do you have any advantage in your next interview?.
    I dont beleive people should have to do the interview again.:confused:

miss military.
    xxxxx
    Eireann go bragh:-patriot:

if you fail the fitness its adios amigos i think

Comment

having failed the fitness test might be a disadvantage in the next interview. if you had the committment they are looking for you would have prepared better for it and passed. still,coming back a second time might cancel that out.

Comment

Repeat interviews?

I would like to inform you fca trooper that a friend of mine spent the last 3 months preparing for his fitness test (also a football player) and was doing the run well within the time.
        on the day however he was recovering from a cold and was quite wheezy.He managed to force himself to the end but unfortunately failed by 10 seconds so I don't think that really means he wasnt commited.
        miss military.
        xxxxx

Comment

Tough luck, start getting ready for next year.
          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

so is it really a disadvantage?
            What would be the best courses he could do within the rdf this year that would help him along.I know the army is the only job he wants to do!
            miss military.
            xxxxx

Comment

if he's an NCO he could put in for the PTI (physical training instructor) course... many units send one or two people on that every year.

Comment

Nothing he does in the RDF will make a blind bit of difference to his PDF application.
                "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

So how come that in each of the 3 interview's I've had they ask am I in the FCA:confused:
                  Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

If you've done 3 interviews it mustn't have impressed them too much...

Comment

The fact that they asked doesn't mean it counts for anything.

Comment

theres no need to be that negative.I beleive it is of great benefit to have f.c.a experience as it shows the interview board you have an interest in military life and if you do succeed in getting into the permanent defence force it is of benefit to you because you have some knowledge of weapons etc...
                        Does anyone know if you HAVE to be a corporal to do this p.t instructors course or does anyone have more info about it.It would be greatly appreciated.Thanks for the info fca trooper.
                        miss military.
                        xxxxx

Comment

Previous interviews wouldn't be taken into account unless you expressed some weird desire to kill people or something in one. RDF service on the other hand is a definite plus. Get a letter of recommendation from your unit commander too. And obviously if you can waffle a bit about the great PSO exercise you did last summer or your mortar course, that can't hurt either.
                          sigpic
                          Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                          My favourite moment was when the
                          Originally posted by hedgehog
                          red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

I think like in the cadets there is an allocation of points towards prior service in the FCA.

Comment

Yes thats correct as the officer that was conducting my interview told me.Is there any other allocation of points for anything prior to interview.I beleive there is some benefit to having fluent irish.
                              miss military.
                              xxxxx

Comment

Working...
                              X