No announcement yet.

2* Rank Markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If two stars are available for No.1's why shouldnt they be available for DPM's?

Two stars give recurits something to aim for, but i wouldnt see them in my lifetime
    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Well all I can say is that I was only issued with 3*`s and I`ve only seen 2*`s worn by other units. I know its sumthing to be aimed at and all but for the short time you are a 2* its not worth issueing them. Yes maybe ok for No1`s but not for DPM
      Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
      http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

You can be a two star in the RDF for up to a year, that is not a short time.

Comment

2*

With the DPM's it is easier for the recruits to become 2* and at least we will all know who is who .The argument that it is just a short time so is an A/Cpl or A/Sgt etc so why should the newest members of our force be able to show their rank.Get alive folks we need to become more professional so lets know who is in our ranks.

Comment

2*

11 Fd S&T Coy in McKee do not have 2* rank markings !!!! Only the 7th Inf have

Comment

2*rank markings

My Unit the 9FAR in Mullingar have them,it gives the new recruits something to strive for and they look better than a blank chest!

Comment

20 Bn have them.

Comment

kermit....its just limerick.......we have no 2* rank markings but we have a 2nd issue and the norwegian and the op boots in cork.........

Comment

No sign of them in the north east,
                    but never mind rank markings what about uniforms for recuits??
                    We have recurits signed up and no uniform for nearly 5 mounth? I was on to RDFRA and they said that the army didn't renew its clothing contract late last year (cut backs??) and have just renewed it.
                    I think every sub unit is the same??

Comment

2* in S and T have rank markings for no. 1s but we haven't been issued those yet so really, we don't have them......

Comment

yip we have a crowd of recruits that just got their uniforms well most of it no smocks for them yet!

Comment

Re: Kermit' s "Pretty Boys In The East"

Kermit,

There are recruits in my unit who ahve not been issued with kit yet either - and I' m the East too. These folk are recruits in the unit a couple of months now. No-one has been issued with the thermal fleece as yet, it took us long enough to get the Norwegian shirt. In fact the CQMS tried to tell me I' d been issued with the damn thing on camp last summer, when in fact, I wasn't even on camp! Sorry to hear things aren' t panning out on the kit front for ye, is your RDFRA rep not doing anything about it?

All the best, from one "Muldoon" (good 'un, that) to another

Truck Driver

P.S: Delighted to see that I' m not the only member of my unit on the
                          board...
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Kermit, please try to remember that they're not all boys!
                            I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

hmm its been over a month sinces dan's first post on the two star markings and still i notice there hasnt been much progress
                              Glaine áir gcroí
                              Neart ár ngeag agus
                              beart de réir ár mbriathar

-"If people behaved in the way nations do, They would all be put in straight jackets" - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Not much progress! They are in the stores, get your CQ's to get their finger out of their neither regions and draw them.

Comment

Working...
                                X