No announcement yet.

2* Rank Markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By operational boots, you mean the matterhorns??

We certainly havent got them either, and no norweigans yet! Seems like if you're in or near a main barracks with a full PDF store then gear isnt a problem. Theres a bottleneck somewhere.

Comment

I have to agree with Kermit there. I am also based in Sarsfield Barracks and our recruits have nothing. Noone has a norgie, or op boots. It is an appalling situation. Seems to be confined to Sarsfield barracks. Our Q told us that it was because the stores staff took extended christmas holidays. That was 2 months ago though!

Comment

Your Lucky Kermit, at least ye got the Norg. Shirts. We here in the South haven't even got them yet. Not NCO's, Officers, recruits nobody. Not in my unit anyway.....

Comment

Gear

I have to say that our Unit seems to have top quaility PDF Cadre from the C/O to our three QMS's,trg Sgt and Trg Cpl.Whatever we want that is due to be issued IS!
          We have just passed out a large number of Recruits and they were all mediced,documented,Garda clearence and Hearing tested in less than six weeks and were on parade in seven weeks in full uniform.
          They passed out recieving their 2*rank markings in front of the new O/C Western Brigade.
          WELL DONE TO THE 9 Field Artillery Regiment CADRE they get off their arses and do their job and do it well.
          Thanks lads.

Comment

Kermit and Docman, you guys are full of it, our latest batch of recruits got their full issue of uniforms there last week and also our 2* ranks have the markings. It's not confined to the barracks, just to you guys.

Comment

the stuff is there in Limerick alright, but as always it's who you know!! The stores were closed for renovation (??) but stuff should start flowing now.

Comment

I'm sure once the stores are finished being renovated they will be shut for a 3 month stock take.

Comment

Kermit

Things sound pretty bad in limerick in relation to issue of clothing. Why don't you try and get RDFRA involved urgently. It's a downright scandal you've got individuals in since last September and they've yet to be issued kit.
                  Beart do reir ar mbriathar

Comment

we have not yet got our 2* rank markings and our recruits have not been issued with smocks.

Comment

quick question

ok lads and ladettes, you have me intrigued.
                      What the **** is the big deal about rank markings?
                      They don't make you a better soldier. and believe me if you are a 2star the NCO's in your unit will know you're a 2star the same way you know they are NCO's.
                      If they took the stripes off would you be unable to recall the fact they were nco's

Comment

The point is medic they are there (in stores) and should be issued. You can stay a two star for up to a year and it is necessary to be distinguished from a recruit (Hey 2 stars need someone they can look down on too)

Comment

I Can see the Problem already there's 2 PDF plt's about to pass out as 2 stars in the Barracks. If their is Rank markings in the Stores availible they will get them regardless if their only going to wear them for 8 weeks!!

Thats why they're not being issued!!

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Bailer, Have you asked for them? and have you been refused them? If you answer yes to both questions then contact RDFRA and something will be done.

Comment

Bravo20,

I have nothing to do with the 2 Stars but I do know our CQ has been told there's none availible..

I know a former member of our unit who is finishing his 2 star training in the PDF they were told they'd get sliders before their passing out parade.(I bet anyone €20 they will)

I have been asking for Cpl's Stripes (as all other ranks have been asking for our scale of issue i.e. 4 Rank markings each) for EXACTLY a year now but am always told the same i.e. CQ/SGT/CPL in the clothing stores said there are none. If you happen to be lucky enough to go into the store's you will see plastic tubs full of sliders, when asked you're told that a PDF unit has a requesition for gear in and they are being kept for them!!

Same old story. We might get the same uniform now but the excuse is still the same "The stores are out of stock, thats not in your scale of issue, the PDF will get them before you etc. etc.

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

silverstich in ballymount will do you up sliders at a fiver a pop
                                You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Working...
                                X