Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion re IT Article on the DF Review

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I remember similar before. Someone in dod obscured text with black background in a pdf document (not scan), problem was if you hilighted the text with one click you could read it all
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
      The civil servant named in the article is one of the main problems between the DOD and DF. He has been responsible for many of the areas where the DF has had significant challenges.

      I think the Review article in question was discussed here previously and some of the DOD criticisms were flagged here before
      Deploy a sniper
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

      Comment


      • #33
        https://twitter.com/df_cos/status/13...307644421?s=21

        See if you see it before looking in the comments

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by DeV View Post
          https://twitter.com/df_cos/status/13...307644421?s=21

          See if you see it before looking in the comments
          Must be required reading...
          German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
          German 2: Private? I am a general!
          German 1: That is the bad news.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
            Deploy a sniper
            Do we have anything on the books for Treason.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by sofa View Post
              Do we have anything on the books for Treason.
              Yes but only in wartime

              Edit: correction

              ARTICLE 39

              Treason shall consist only in levying war against the State, or assisting any State or person or inciting or conspiring with any person to levy war against the State, or attempting by force of arms or other violent means to overthrow the organs of government established by this Constitution, or taking part or being concerned in or inciting or conspiring with any person to make or to take part or be concerned in any such attempt.
              Last edited by DeV; 10 February 2021, 16:17.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by DeV View Post
                https://twitter.com/df_cos/status/13...307644421?s=21

                See if you see it before looking in the comments
                Sorry, not seeing it
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                  Sorry, not seeing it
                  Haha, had to go into the comments to see it... nice one...
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    Yes but only in wartime

                    Edit: correction
                    Dam.
                    Anything about undermining the States ability to defend it's self.?
                    Or internment that usually works.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Malfeasance in office?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
                        Maybe, but the Department of Defence was established by the Ministers and Secretaries Act of 1924, giving it the power for the " Administration and business of the raising, training, organisation, maintenance, equipment, management , discipline, regulation and control according to law, of the Military defence Forces." It is still with them that real command lies.
                        According to " NEWS " the Defence Forces are to be deployed to "oversee " Quarantine Residences. Could change relationship between PDF and the Public. It really needs to be thought out as to consequences.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
                          According to " NEWS " the Defence Forces are to be deployed to "oversee " Quarantine Residences. Could change relationship between PDF and the Public. It really needs to be thought out as to consequences.
                          It reads as if the logistics and management of it will be done by a very small number of DF personnel. Hotel staff, private security (and Gardai if required) will do the actual work.

                          If anything personally I would say it will improve the image (assuming it is run well), people are fed up with non-essential people (including Irish people) coming into the country). The numbers are coming down thankfully but that could change very quickly.

                          If people have a problem with it they shouldn’t be travelling for non-essential reasons. The prospect of an enforced 2 week stay in a hotel room at a cost of €2000 will deter most

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by DeV View Post
                            It reads as if the logistics and management of it will be done by a very small number of DF personnel. Hotel staff, private security (and Gardai if required) will do the actual work.

                            If anything personally I would say it will improve the image (assuming it is run well), people are fed up with non-essential people (including Irish people) coming into the country). The numbers are coming down thankfully but that could change very quickly.

                            If people have a problem with it they shouldn’t be travelling for non-essential reasons. The prospect of an enforced 2 week stay in a hotel room at a cost of €2000 will deter most
                            Around 30% were Irish and of course quarantining for Covid safety reasons is an necessary precaution. Policing roles by military are a last resort requiring a legal mandate.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
                              Around 30% were Irish and of course quarantining for Covid safety reasons is an necessary precaution. Policing roles by military are a last resort requiring a legal mandate.
                              As I said from reading it the DF aren’t responsible for the policing of it but the logistics and possibly elements of the admin

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Stick them in the Glen for 2 weeks. Charge 2k each and use the money for DF facilities.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X