Pistol Holster..what side..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol Holster..what side..

Can anyone say for sure what side the pistol is to be worn in its holster?
    I have seen both methods,but what is the "official" side?
    Left side,Butt of pistol point to front
    50.00%
    Right side,Butt of pistol points to rear
    42.86%
    Doesnt really matter
    7.14%

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

it should be your right as for the majority it would be the quickest and easiest way to draw it.

Comment

If its on the left you'd have to use two hands to get at it.
      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Left is the official side. And no Havoc, you don't need both hands to draw a pistol from the left hip.
        sigpic
        Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
        My favourite moment was when the
        Originally posted by hedgehog
        red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Well thats how I'd do it. And no need for the attitude.
          To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

And why would you need two hands exactly? And if you need 2 hands on the left side would you not also need two hands for the right side? How often do you carry the pistol yourself,as a matter of interest?

Comment

I don't but I've handled airsoft pistols and from my experience with them I always wear the holster on the right. I know its not the same thing but I ventured an opinion which is what I believe you were seeking when you started this thread.

When reaching for the left I and this is just me now, reach down with my left hand and undo the button/strap and pull the pistol out with my right hand. When wearing on the right I reach down undo the button/strap with my right hand and pull out with my right hand.

Its a matter of preference, each to his own.

Comment

I wear it on the left hand side which for me is the logical place.

I was not aware that there was an official side.GH is this information published or is it a case of "thats the way its done"?

Regards etc
                Attached Files
                Support the Search Function.

Comment

In fairness,the 38 holster is a single handed operation,designed to be unbuttoned/unfastened with the thumb,while the hand rests on the grip.
                  The side it was worn on was always a matter of personal preference,but drawing from the same hip as the favoured hand was always the logical option. The Holsters were ambidexterous,unlike the bap holster.

Comment

it is worn on the left side as when you unhoster the pistol it is naturally brought to bear to your front, if worn on the right it has to be drawn up and to the rear so the barrel clear's the holster, economy of movement ,

keep safe.

Comment

surely with the but pointing forwards it wouldbe drawn upside down if it was on the right hand side

Comment

kieran,

no matter what side you wear a holster you will always have a grip on the pistol, the difference people are talking about is that worn on the left you will draw across your body to your front, on the right you have to draw up and back to make sure the barrel clear's the holster, so the butt would be facing forward if worn on the left and clear's the holster more smoothly,

keep safe.

Comment

Actually was handling the BAP on weekend and have to agree that the left side is easier.

Comment

The Bap manual pictures shows that it is worn on the left hand side, in reality and most units are of the sensible opinion wear it what ever side you feel is best for you, except on ceromonial occasions
                            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I don't believe this at all.Cool hand Lukes all round..........not!Yes Hegehog until the Bk SgtMajor sees you on duty with the holster on the right & chews your head off!!You know who i mean!
                              Live long and prosper!

Comment

Working...
                              X