Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Docman
    replied
    Well, if that is all you do, what do you expect? You get out of it as much as you put into it.

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog Jr.
    replied
    Its a difficult situation - they turn up in uniform/out of uniform either way there's very little to do it gets repetitve - foot drill - left turn right turn about turn, salute thats all the foot drill we can do as we'v no room.
    We do work from photocopys and talks about tactics with a block board and thats as much as we do.

[MOD:Edited]

Leave a comment:

• Docman
    replied
    For my COY based outside Barracks we have very little to do at weekly parades and people get bored and dont turn up

What do you mean you have very little to do? In my unit, we seem not to have enough days in the year to get done everything that needs to be done. At least half of the syllabus can be done without weapons.

Examples (Off the top of my head)

Combat First aid
    Signals Training
    NBC
    Tactics Theory & Admin in the Field
    Foot Drill
    Org of the Section/Platoon etc

Etc. etc.

If you don't have the equipment, find it. Get off your butt and do something about it. Admittedly if you are not a NCO or officer, it can be difficult.

if they do often arent in uniform so that limits us too

If they are not in uniform, send thm home. No ifs, ands or buts. If they are not willing to put in the effort of putting on a uniform, then there is no point being there. That will soon sort out the problem.

Having trained in a community centre on and off, I admit it can be difficult, but all it needs is a bit of initiative and ingenuity to get things done. Your people should be going to field days to put into practice what they have learned in the class, not learning it from scratch.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    For my COY based outside Barracks we have very little to do at weekly parades and people get bored and dont turn up and if they do often arent in uniform so that limits us too, we have no facility to march as we use a community hall so if we want to march have to go to the other side of town to a car park(but if people arent in uniform we cant)but that is often used for rugby fitness trainning.
    So my COY would have field days and camps as priority, but we are trying to change it - but its hard without access to weapons, a square and other trainning equipment
    In my mob, if people don't turn up in uniform, they aren't marked in, and as you
    know, that reduces the individual's hours accordingly, especially if a requirement
    is in place to have a min. amount of hours clocked up AND have ARP's completed
    to go on Annual Camp.

where i'm based we have our own carpark so we march up and down that as we weave between the cars we are also near a gaa club so we use their fields for training for section attacks and recce patrols
    God help ye if anyone gets injured while doing this training in this GAA pitch,
    would love to know what the insurance situation would be then....

Leave a comment:

• Bam Bam
    replied
    where i'm based we have our own carpark so we march up and down that as we weave between the cars we are also near a gaa club so we use their fields for training for section attacks and recce patrols

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog Jr.
    replied
    For my COY based outside Barracks we have very little to do at weekly parades and people get bored and dont turn up and if they do often arent in uniform so that limits us too, we have no facility to march as we use a community hall so if we want to march have to go to the other side of town to a car park(but if people arent in uniform we cant)but that is often used for rugby fitness trainning.
    So my COY would have field days and camps as priority, but we are trying to change it - but its hard without access to weapons, a square and other trainning equipment.

Leave a comment:

• Docman
    replied
    What are you doing on your normal weekly training parades?

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    started a topic Training Parades -v- Field Days & Camp

Training Parades -v- Field Days & Camp

Our unit is suffering, all the priority has been put on field days, weekends & camp for training, but this has resulted in a poor standard of training coming from the standard training parade

The average unit has as many training hours available in the course of normal training parades (2 hrs per week) as we have available on a 1 week camp, if you add them up

Any thoughts?
Working...
X