Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting Suspended

2 EBRDF

As there is a backlog of recruits awaiting hearing tests, the army in its infinite wisdom has issued an instruction (unrestricted document), that there is to be no further recruiting until this backlog has been cleared!

This backlog is expected to be cleared in June 2004. In reality all RDF units are on R & R for the summer so recruiting will not recommence until September.

In the civillian world one or two new machines would have been purchased and operators trained. The backlog would not have been let occur.

Recruits are the lifeblood of any unit.What the feck are they playing at?

I am really lost for words.

Regards etc
    Attached Files

I am hoping to complete the Audiogram course being run later this month, there are about 50 places on the course for PDF/RDF. Hopefully this will help move things along a bit quicker.
    If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

i passed my medical a month ago and my physcial on monday, whats the story, will i have to wait are will i be recruited since ive already passed ?
      i believe the training is meant to start in a few weeks..

Comment

sorry i picked it up wrong, thought it was for the PDF..

Comment

its the same in my unit.. we have 28 waiting to join since last oct!
          Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Something smells funny.... what date is it today??.... hmmmm
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

I posted on the 31st.
              I assure you that this is not a joke.

Regards etc

Comment

My pl commander has sent a letter to OCEBFCA (try say that when your drunk) giving out shit about it... its true!

The amount of times Ive turned up for medical and audio's with recruits to find out they've been double or triple booked... its a joke! can you imagine the sight of 3 cpls having a go at each other over medicals? I can!
                Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

well it should be an april fools.
                  what a pile of crap... ive been attending my units meetings since jan and im still not sworn in, having sat the sight and audio tests and passed, I should have been sworn in already,
                  [EDITED COS I GOT B*TCH SLAPPED BY THE MODS OVER SAYING SOMETHING NASTY ABOUT SOMEONE]
                  I hope this wont affect recruits already in the middle of being processed...
                  Last edited by morpheus; 1 April 2004, 16:13.
                  "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                  "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

i was told at training on tuesday that we are getting hearing test in mid april and we`ll be told the dates at sunday training. The nco`s seem intent on getting us sworn in etc quickly so that we can go on the summer camp
                    Education isn't everything, for a start it isn't an elephant

Comment

Did I not post a similar thread back in september of last year only to be ridiculed.

They want to reduce the costs associated with the RDF and channel the money into the PDF. The sundry expenses account for the southern comand has already been cut by E61,000. There is no such thing as a free lunch anymore.

Stinks of 'I told you so!'
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Similar thread alright Murf but a bit vague on the details.
                        This is a definite instruction which I fear will result in the decimation of units in 2EBRDF.
                        (wife says hello )

Regards etc

Comment

All I can say is that it is not happening in the south. We have more medicals than we have people. Must be only E Bde

Our big problem is getting people for the medicals!!!

Comment

Would it not be possible to send the people waiting for a medical/hearing test to the south or bring the doctors up to the eastern command. Or is this beyond the thinking of the military?
                            To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

We dont want ye!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X