Army Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Number

Just wondering how long roughly your number takes to come back after you've been sworn in.And can you still do camp without the number, you no bank details and all that.Im down to do it but i wanna make sure i can even if the number hasnt arrived back yet.Thanks

I got mine when I got my uniform, it was on the inside of my beret.
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Got mine a few weeks after being sworn in.

Comment

You need your army number to get your uniform as well as to be paid so the answer would be no.

It should arrive within 3 weeks of being sworn in though.

Comment

well i've been sworn in last thursday week and have been told i'm going on camp this Friday and i havent received my army number and i've also been told you cant go on camp with out uniform.

alltogether confusing! but been told im definitly going on camp! :-\

Comment

They will probably have a number and uniform for you on Thursday, I know I berate CQs a lot but sometimes they can work miracles.

Comment

I was sworn in last wednesday and was told i was down for easter camp.I got a loan of a uniform which was given the ok by the unit but they didnt say anything bout the number.Im just leaving the space blank on the banking sheet for the moment.

Comment

You'd certainly need to know your number by camp. It will be something like 105****. And the 0 is pronounced Zero not O

Comment

just do what one 3* did to me and give em your phone number
                  its amazing how many supposed 3* have it written up sleeves there or on there rank sliders how amatureish can you get has anyone else encountered this!! as for the query iam sure if your coy has you in for camp they will be arranging a number asap as for pay you might get a cheuqe , wouldnt be worried as your new and were only sworn in recently
                  "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

All very well doing that until an accident happens - without the appropriate paper
                    trail in place, i.e; army number, etc., you would not have a leg to stand on
                    - no pun intended...
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

When all your paperwork is in order (medical, audiogram, security clearance) it is sent to Brigade, who then process it and allocate an army number.

The army number is published in Brigade Routine Orders (ROs) and subsequently in Unit ROs.

Comment

sure 2 recruits on gormanstown camp had the same army number...both were convinced and had it written on their uniforms and everything....were given ammo on the range n all!

duno what happened in the end tho...

Comment

I Do, as I have checked with someone who was there, they both gave the same number to the CQ who in turn in almost a whisper replied that they both could not have the same number, (Well in words to that effect) needless to say the next time they came up they had it right.

Another urban legend put to rest
                          it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
                          Winston churchill

Comment

i was there and they both were on my detail, i can tell you the CQ was far from a whisper

Comment

On my first camp i was given the wrong one, as did a friend of mine. An NCO went into the office to get them for us. He was being very helpful, wrote them down on two bits of paper and then proceeded to give us the wrong ones. It wasnt until I got my pay slip that i saw my army number and saw that it corresponded with the number my friend had been using all week.

I still have that piece of paper too, to prove it happened.
                              ====================================
                              Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
                              ====================================

Comment

Working...
                              X