• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Military Police all wear the Red Cap whether they be RDF or PDF

Comment

I wish i HAD a beret to complain about
      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

i wish you'd stop whinging!

yeah im glad we wear a green beret...least when we're doin a far better job of things we can be recognised

Comment

Mystery?

Q. Just what year was the Beret introduced into Irish Military Culture?

Can see no precedent for it historically.

(Do the the Aussies ever wear the a beret APART FROM on UN sevice?)

Answers on a postcard. First correct answer wins a big wet slobery kiss from
          Come-Quickly (good of you to volunteer, SAAAHH! :p )

Comment

Just a random note, wish the USAF used berets. Those garrison caps suck.
            "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

Some Aussie units do wear berets, or at least used to:

Aussie military headgear site

Flick through here to find some pics of USAF heads in berets:

USAF photo page
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

SASR have Tan berets, Armoured have black berets, Commando have Sherwood green berets, MPs have i think black berets.... and a couple others
                we have our traditional KFF hat
                Khaki Fur Felt
                "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Question about Beret

Does Anyone know where the tradition of wearing berets in modern armies comes from??

Why is the cap badge worn over the left eye and why is the beret sloped to the right side???

I have googled for this by the way but haven't been able to find anything
                  I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

We should all be proud of the fact that we are volunteers and retain some sort of distinguishing mark.

But, in 2003, Maj Gen Sreenan (now Chief of Staff) made this announcement at the RDFRA Annual Delegate Conference, "You expressed a preference that there should be no distinguishing patch on the DPM uniform of the Reservist - if that is the wish of the Reserve - then there will be NO patch".
                    So whats the story, does this mean Reserve will be wearin the same berets as PDF? And in terms of uniformity then Reserves should also be issued the Matterhorn boots.

Comment

latest rumour i was told was the the PDF were getting meindls ..rumours are just that till u see it with your own eyes.

Im quite happy with the green beret ! the black beret doesnt look a proper military beret maybe the DoD can sort that one out in the future years

Comment

Originally posted by Deadly Delta
                        Hi, i was wondering is there any truth to the rumour that the rdf infantry will be issued black berets with green patches in 2005?
                        It isn't true they are ordering 3000 more of the current issue berets and the cavalry are keeping the glengarry, as are the RDF officers.
                        Last edited by DeV; 15 July 2005, 23:36.

Comment

whats the big deal with wearing patches or whatever. The NSR wear a patch on each shoulder saying "An Slua Muiri". Its no big deal.

Comment

i actually think the green beret is a better colour, so may be we should go for the green also
                            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

i think the green beret looks more "military" if that means anything to you. I think the PDF beret clashes with the dpm uniform. Doesnt look right.
                              "I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I felt like opening the dump valves on all those oil tankers and smothering all those french beaches I'd never see."

Comment

Originally posted by Skitt
                                i think the green beret looks more "military" if that means anything to you. I think the PDF beret clashes with the dpm uniform. Doesnt look right.

Is this a fashion show or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X