• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    FMolloy
    King Monkey

• FMolloy
    replied
    There was an ex-Mick or three in my coy at one stage.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny2Stripes
    C/S

• Johnny2Stripes
    replied
    If someone did their officer training in Sandhurst, can they resign their commission and join the PDF? does the commission transfer with them?
    May sound like a silly question - but it is after 5am!!

Leave a comment:

• combatlogo
    The Man on the Telly

• combatlogo
    replied
    There is no such thing as an ex-marine!!
    Roger - however, possible exceptions cd include Lee Harvey Oswald, Scott Ritter & that nimrod Kevin O'Keefe, who burned his US passport in Baghdad prior to the war....only to go crawling to the consulate in Turkey for a new one to get out of the place:D :D :D

Goldie: Wd be interested to get in touch w/this guy, possible?

Leave a comment:

• Ex-soldier
    replied
    There is no such thing as an ex-marine!!

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    An Ex US Marine currently serving in a Cork RDF unit.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Don't know, haven't heard, but this guy won the award for best foreign cadet in Sandhurst, there was a 2 page article in An Cosantoir about him, but didn't mention FCA or FFL of course

Leave a comment:

• yellowjacket
    Potential Liability

• yellowjacket
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian
    I know of a guy, who went to my school, who was in the FCA. He left the FCA and joined the FFL, but deserted. He came back to Ireland, was successful in getting into the cadets. But he actually did his cadet training in RMA Sandhurst.
    Is this the same man who subsequently resigned his commission and became an officer in the British Army (Paras, I think)?

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    Commander in Chief

• hptmurphy
    replied
    We've got ex brits and TAs . Its interesting how the TA guy fares out and how he draws cpmparisons between the RDF and the TA and as a result draws a whole heap of shit on himself!

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    I know of a guy, who went to my school, who was in the FCA. He left the FCA and joined the FFL, but deserted. He came back to Ireland, was successful in getting into the cadets. But he actually did his cadet training in RMA Sandhurst.

Leave a comment:

• Big Al
    Ex-bagger

• Big Al
    replied
    many moons ago am ex dutch marine joined my unit by left because he couldnt grasp the drill commands (in irish)
    Big Al
    Ex-bagger
    Last edited by Big Al; 18 April 2004, 14:53.

Leave a comment:

• combatlogo
    The Man on the Telly

• combatlogo
    started a topic Ex-foreign military serving in PDF/RDF?

Ex-foreign military serving in PDF/RDF?

Anyone have any experiences (good/bad/indifferent) of former/serving members of the PDF/RDF who had previous service in a foreign military? I would imagine there have been several, probably mainly ex-British forces?

I've met/heard of around 5-6 Marines who were from Ireland, including one guy who was former PDF and FFL - he was an interesting character.
Working...
X