No announcement yet.

Height Requirement for Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

answer the question. Is it any easier for a 5'6 private to get over an 8 foot wall? Should there be an upper height limit then as those who are ofer 6' would have difficulty crawling through narrow pipes

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Why?
      I crawled through narrow pipes w/o difficulty and I'm ovr 6', I've seen 5'6" people get over 8' walls, but the 4"s make the difference.
      The important thing is to be able to get enough of your weight up in the initial effort.
      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

So you are discriminating against them because of 4 inches? I have seen people 5'10 not get over 8'walls. What about all those who Joined the DF when the Height limit was 5'2. How did they survive? Should they all be told to leave?

Personally I discriminate against all tall people because they look wrong on the square,and ruin an otherwise good average height when carrying out ceremonial. Nothing worse than some long necked giraffe messing up your lines.Also if you have some lanky six footer at the front of a group of marching troops,his gangly steps cover the same distance that would be covered by 2 steps of a normal person. Also they have difficulty getting in and out of armoured vehicles,which are designed for normal people.

Comment

Hey.... Leave us tall people alone!!!

Comment

Shortarse:D

Comment

hey..Im 5'10! Average is good. I cant get over an 8'wall either....unless there are steps or a ladder,or some shortarse to step on.

Comment

I know for a fact that 2 people were turned down last week both under 5' 4 (Am not going into details)
                it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
                Winston churchill

Comment

I Am surprised at that remark from you Kermit . did you really expect me to supply names units and locations? I was simply trying to post a fact, within the boards guidlines
                  it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
                  Winston churchill

Comment

Ha ha ha

Get Shorty
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I think we should worry more about the width of our troops rather than their height

Comment

Yeah well in the RDF at least they don't seem too conderned about people with additional weight.

Comment

Working...
                        X