Southern Brigade RDF Shoot / Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Brigade RDF Shoot / Results

well congrats goes to the 3rd CAV for taking the day and 13th batt who came in 2nd in clonmel. hands up who was there? i was the poor boy who was doin security at the corner before the gate. well done to 3rd MP who were impressive on their first round. great weather great day great all round effort.
    to thine own self be true cause nobody else will!!!

Well that's an interesting bit of information.... now for the triangulation!

Well done to the CAV.

Please lets not make this thread mirror last years with all the bitching and giving out. The judges' decision is FINAL!
    I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

S/He was on security and didn't even know where he/she was?? MAD!! :-)

Actualy, before this starts, I remember being on a range in Clonmel :-)
      I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

There was a small matter of 3 cav not entering a team for anything other than falling plates.

Thats all they won.

The 3 cav were afraid to leave county Tipp this year. The real shooting went on in Cork as usual. 15th Inf won the pistol,11th won the rifle, I left while the LMG was still in action,so no results there.(Probably 23rd?)

Falling plates was on in "Clonmel"(typical 22nd get lost once they cross the shannon),while the rest of the Southern Brigade shoot was in the Brigade training centre.(Wherever that is)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Kermit, if I'm not mistaken, the RDF All Army is in May...

Presume the range ye are referring to is Kilcoran range - very nice set up.
          As for the S Bde BTC, that's Collins Bks !!!
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

We normally don't enter a team for anyrthing else as we don't have the man power to give the support needed to operate a team for more than one event .....

I wasn't able to compete myself yhis year but the team has changed from last year with the inclusion of four new members which in itself is a tribute to the team captain and the training.

Intersting to note that its the oldest members of the team that remained form last year with the addition of some new blood.

Well done lads !
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Well Goldie the 3 Cav are a small unit with small numbers, as you listed above 11th, 15th, 22nd, 23rd Inf BATTALIONS with BATTALION strength, they have the bodys to enter other compititions, we dont! We won the plates and won it well, semi final had a time of 17.24 and a final best of 18.78. Well done to the 13th, we`ll see ye in the all army! And yes it is Kilcoran which is outside Cahir not clonmel.
              Last edited by Guest; 26 April 2004, 17:31.

Comment

kilcoran is a class place when the sun is shining (like on saturday)
                well done to the cav. ye were fairly shit hot..
                what is the official thing to do when a plate is spun (as it did many a time on saturday!) we (22nd) were given one decision and another BN was given another (a lot of confusion)

Comment

It's called 'Falling' plates for a reason
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah
                    kilcoran is a class place when the sun is shining (like on saturday)
                    well done to the cav. ye were fairly shit hot..
                    what is the official thing to do when a plate is spun (as it did many a time on saturday!) we (22nd) were given one decision and another BN was given another (a lot of confusion)
                    When the plate is no longer standing, it is considered "Fallen". Spun plates are not fallen. The must be knocked.... no reshoots. I heard there was confusion. Reflects badly on the unit that made the call (Who ever they were)

Comment

When I watched the video taken on one of our runs, one of the plates was knocked back against the sand bags and became stuck between them, the same plate was hit at least twice but still wouldnt fall any more! We then lost that run which I think happened to the 22nd Bn too but some other unit earlier got a re-run for the same thing.
                      Anyone know whos through from the other bdes?:-patriot:

Comment

Well done to the 3cav again it must have been gutting for our lads again. Well done to all who took part. I only wish I was there to take part or just to watch, but instead I was making cheese .
                        Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                        http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

It was the sandbag wall that they got stuck in because the plates were to close to bags!
                          Does anyone have any idea what the record time for plates is in the DF, our 17.24 was pretty quick anyone heard of anything faster in PDF or RDF?
                          Last edited by Guest; 26 April 2004, 17:45.

Comment

Originally posted by BRENDAN
                            When I watched the video taken on one of our runs, one of the plates was knocked back against the sand bags and became stuck between them, the same plate was hit at least twice but still wouldnt fall any more! We then lost that run which I think happened to the 22nd Bn too but some other unit earlier got a re-run for the same thing.
                            Anyone know whos through from the other bdes?:-patriot:
                            If the plate is leaning against something then it is fallen, (Assuming that it needs the support of the item to keep it standing). Who the hell was running that competition. A brigade shoot is not the place for such f%$&-up's.

Comment

Thanks Docman ...you should take place in the refereeing of the competition...thats the first bit of logic on the definition of a fallen plate I've heard in a long time.

The most contraversial I ever came across was above in Finner two yeats ago when two plates became interlocked while firing and it took a half an hour for the judges to make a descision.

I think the 11th S+T are through from the Eastern Brigade ...as usual.... after that I don't know.:D
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                              X