New PDF Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PDF Recruits

Does anyone know or can anyone find out when the Eastern BDE PDF are taking in new recruits ?
    I know for certain there are some recruits starting tomorrow (26th april) but does anyone know the other dates ?

21st June Dundalk is a date also.

Comment

Well I just did my medical for the Eastern bde, they had so many applicant's thet they formed a second rec platoon which is what I got called for so it will probably a few months before the next one

Comment

Two platoons, that can't be enough to match attrition in the east can it?
        "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

That's what it said in the letter I received

Comment

The Eastern brigade needs 500 new recruits this year alone.
            I would imagine that the Southern and Western brigades would require a figure like this between them. Did we ever think we would see the day where the army required such numbers!
            To put things in perspective the British army has a requirement for 15,000 new recruits every year.

Comment

Ive passed everything including the physical. Me and a friend did the physical on the same day and were hoping to start together.

He received a phone call on friday telling him he was starting on monday and Im yet to receive word...

And June sounds a long time away, is there none before June ?

Comment

why dont you ring them and ask? It can't do any harm.

Comment

June is only just over a month away.

Comment

Ive tried ringing but they dont tell you much, they just say they will be in contact etc.

I'll wait a week or two and ring and see what the story is. Thanks anyway lads !

Comment

June isnt that far off when you think about it.
                      Well at least you know that you are almost certainly accepted otherwise you would have recieved notification at this stage to inform you!

Comment

Too tempted to join up as a recruit if I don't get that illusive cadetship..

Any idea of when the Southern Brigrade is taking in recruits?
                        True soldiers don't scurry for their reward..

Comment

Applying today....

I'll be applying later on today for 2 Eastern Brigade. Was just wondering what your opinions are if I am cutting it close for the June intake (if there is one) or if i'm totally too late. How long does the application process normally take?

What is the current stage of recruitment?

Is the June intake the last intake this year, or will there be more?

Cheers.

Comment

i would say your too late for june.. It takes around a month for you just to get your interview date, then around another 3 weeks after your interview to get a medical then another 3 weeks for your physcial...

They normal recruite again around september, could be wrong tho, good luck...

Comment

Cheers, couldn't get ahold of a recruiting officer anywhere today, tried both Aiken barracks (away until thursday) and also Cathal Brugha.

Guess I'll be in for the winter platoon, oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X