Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well basically it was a photo of 3 RDF personnell in full uniform in a pub in Limk after (i'm assuming) a training night. Can't imagine their commanders/NCO's being too happy seeing their guys splashed over the papers having a good night out in full uniform
    "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by RIDICK
      I don't understand the idea of going out and gettint sh!t faced in the first place,
      The problem generally lies with recruits who haven't had much experience with alcohol and haven got to know their own limits(2 pints is a good average I'd say ). It may also have to do with getting away from Mammy and Daddy for the first time so they go a bit mad.

However your right Craterus recruits shouldn't be let into the mess and the reserve is certainly not the place to let recruits find their limits.

Comment

City or County Edition? What section / page?

Comment

More importantly,what unit....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Saw it, don't see anything wrong with it... There's no evidence they are drinking, just that they are in a pub. There is no liquor at all in the photo.

Goldie: Slugs

Comment

Yes Kermit but does that make it ok then as long as no alcohol is in sight? I dont really have an opinion on it to be honest, I can understand though why people might not look too kindly on things like this, and drinking in uniform in general.
              "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Dillon
                Yes Kermit but does that make it ok then as long as no alcohol is in sight?
                DFRs state the RDF are only permitted wear uniforms to, from and at training and other recognised military events. There are one or 2 exceptions but going to the pub with the lads after training is not one. The mess is an exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Dillon
                  Yes Kermit but does that make it ok then as long as no alcohol is in sight?
                  DFRs state the RDF are only permitted wear uniforms to, from and at training and other recognised military events. There are one or 2 exceptions but going to the pub with the lads after training is not one.

The mess (or similiar) is an exception.

Comment

Docman, I've seen you in a pub in your uniform. Those who are without sin should cast the first stone!

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                      Docman, I've seen you in a pub in your uniform. Those who are without sin should cast the first stone!
                      As stated elsewhere, I won't be replying to your posts Kermit. 9 times out of 10 you make comments without context.

Comment

You shouldn't be in the mess in uniform period, if you are training in camp on either a weelend or a week you should have a set of civvie clothes to wear in the mess. If you don't have civvies you don't get in.

A stop in the pub after training is harmless, as long as you act responsiblly. Technically you are going from training but you've stopped tempoaraly in the puib, there it's nice and legal.

Btw I don't drink, but I don't see the harm in others doing it after training.
                        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam
                          You shouldn't be in the mess in uniform period, if you are training in camp on either a weelend or a week you should have a set of civvie clothes to wear in the mess. If you don't have civvies you don't get in.
                          I have NEVER heard that before. What DFR or mess regulation backs this up?

Comment

It's called interpretation.
                            No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
                            No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

Apologies, better wording is needed.

If you don't have civvies you shouldn't get in.
                              It's not a DFR it's just my opinion.
                              It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

I have just finished laughing here about the opinions expressed on this thread by pdf members re rdf members going on summer camps and getting drunk in 'their messes'. First of all when myself and members of my unit go on camp we work hard during the day and then when the jobs done hit the mess to pump money into the tills so that the pdf lads can get a new little juke box or some pretty little pictures to hang on the mess wall and enjoy for the free time they have to endure in each others company. Secondly civvies who have absolutely flip all to do with the defence forces can facilitate of the mess and get priority treatment by the bar staff.Would you blame us going to other pubs on training nights in uniform instead of putting up with the s*** of civvies telling you that youre sitting in their seat or the attitude of certain pdf bar staff towards you (a paying customer).Lifes too short lads lets have a drink and be merry.
                                You need people like me.So you can point your finger and say 'Thats him thats the bad guy'.

Comment

Working...
                                X