This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCA Mess Shennanegans

oh by the way a answer to jag I dont believe the messes should be open to the rdf on your fun camps due to the fact your cause more trouble then a bunch of whombles on mayday and you do not pay mess subs and you do forget the fact the it is like a sitting room a place to relax for living in personnel

If FCA personnel were causing that much trouble in messes they wouldn't be getting served.
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

[MOD Deleted: Conjecture - a good story however!]

Comment

This is not a typical example of FCA behaivour in the mess, if it was we'd have been barred long ago & no bagger would have associate mess memberships.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

this is the problem your refare to yourself as a bagger do you not that think in the interest of training that mess should be closed to soldiers in training like a pdf pots cse for example any one have any suggestens on the subject.

Comment

Blade, after reading and then translating your posts, I have come to the conclusion that you are right. The drink thing is a curse.You have obviously been around for a while and know a thing or two. Is there anything else you can offer all of us baggers advice on. I for one am so eager to learn the correct ways and habits of one who wears a black beret.
            Fascinating stuff.

Regards etc

Comment

Whether or not 3* should be allowed in the bar is a matter for the course commander or his chain of command.

Depends; on mine, we weren't stopped from going but we had zero time to be there (except the hours 0300-0500 ) and in all honesty I wanted to get my head down then.

Oh Blade, feel free to bring the issue up at your mess AGM or any other regular meetings of the committee . If you're a member and have paid your sub you have that right. Thanks for sharing with us , though.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Can the Mods pls reinstate Blade's story (Censored if necessary). Just so we know what we're talking about.

and as Far as I understand it anyone who's on full time training in a Barracks or Camp or on a course there is entitled to use the mess facilities. Subs or No subs.

I don't think RDF recruits should be allowed drink in the Mess in line with the PDF ones. But in a 7 day training period (wonder when the Last time you did 7 days without leaving the Camp/Barracks OR going to the Mess was Blade!!?!?) The 3*'s and NCO's / Officers have a right to go to the Mess and unwind!

and the Only time I've ever seen trouble or Shenanigans on Camp. It's either the PDF causing Agro, or by trting to get the Leg over a young FCA female!! They're not complaining about the RDF using the Mess as long as there's some skirt around!!

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bailer
                  and the Only time I've ever seen trouble or Shenanigans on Camp. It's either the PDF causing Agro, or by trting to get the Leg over a young FCA female!! They're not complaining about the RDF using the Mess as long as there's some skirt around!!

You hit the nail on the head there Bailer.
                  You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Too much time on training weekends & camps is spent in the mess anyway. A skinful never increases performance the next morning.
                    Take these men and women for your example.
                    Like them, remember that posterity can only
                    be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                    possession of those who have the
                    courage to defend it.
                    Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Messing is governed by its own A manual which outlines who can do what. and drink where and what membership they may have. Local standing orders by Bks I/Cs etc can of course and do take precedence.
                      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

We don't pay subs because you (PDF) won't let us. I don't ever want to hear complaints about subs. Ever.

Recruits should not be allowed into the Mess, whether it's 3 days, 7 days or 110 days training.
                        If you want to integrate to the PDF then start behaving like them (or the behaviour they should aspire to).
                        No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
                        No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

Isn't this a case of painting all rdf with the same brush?
                          On my recruit camp yes one or two little ***** were acting the maggot the first few nights yet they were dealt with. we were told if they didn't cop on no one would be allowed into the mess so naturaly everyone made sure they copped on.

As for drinking i can kind of see the point. your on camp to learn your not going to learn much when your dying of a hangover now are you?

pesonally i got well with the pdf personnel in the mess, even helped behind the bar (typical pdf boys unable to change a keg :p ) considering its where i spend my weekends.

Comment

I think RDF recruits should be alloweed in the mess, but they should be limited to two or three drinks, like on royal navy ships. until the last night anyway

Comment

I think army messes should be closed to everyone except for special occaisions. No shortage of pubs in this country.

And if you're somewhere like the Glen or Kilbride you're there, ostensibly at least, for a reason. And officially at least, that reason should not be to get trashed.

I still live in my dream world where people care..........
                              Take these men and women for your example.
                              Like them, remember that posterity can only
                              be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                              possession of those who have the
                              courage to defend it.
                              Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                              If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Working...
                              X