Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDF recruits arent allowed in messes because for the simple fact its a Privates mess and they are not Privates yet- cant talk for anyother Barracks but its in the standing orders for CBB-
    and if a few young lads get out of hand - use military discipline and get on with life- no berets are worn in the mess so colour shouldnt come up- the only discrimination should be no Man U supporters because its a scientific fact they wet their pants all the time
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I think RDF recruits should be allowed to go to the mess only as a reward, for eg a good days work, but having said that if you want them to come back they have to have so kind of social outlet for the week.

Comment

It seems to be the concensus on this board, that you only go to the mess to get paralytic. Alot of people go and have two or three quiet pints to unwind a bit after the day. Those people you never hear about, they never get into trouble. It is the people who drink too much, generally speaking, who cause trouble.

As for the issue of recruits not being allowed into the mess, how is the barman to know whether they are a recruit or not?
        ====================================
        Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
        ====================================

Comment

It's not the onus of the Barman to stop recruits going in.

Comment

Originally posted by ackack658
            It seems to be the concensus on this board, that you only go to the mess to get paralytic. Alot of people go and have two or three quiet pints to unwind a bit after the day. Those people you never hear about, they never get into trouble. It is the people who drink too much, generally speaking, who cause trouble.
            i agree. i would be one of these people who enjoy a quiet pint, yet you get one or two ***£$£ whose sole aim is to get paralytic. i see it every weekend its has become part of new irish society

Comment

As for the issue of recruits not being allowed into the mess, how is the barman to know whether they are a recruit or not

1 the barman doesnt have to know everyone's rank
              2 You give as an order that Recruits are not allowed in the mess
              3 Disobey that lawful order, charge them
              4 Surely each RDF Unit has an Orderly Sgt to ensure the likes of this doesn t happen
              5 RDF personnel are more than welcome in the mess in CBB-I think its great to see - there should be a hell of a lot more mixing of PDF and RDF in a social setting
              6 most of your women are way cuter than ours
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

All barpersons are legally obliged (civilian or military) to check age, and not to serve anybody under eighteen, its the law, simple as that.
                it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
                Winston churchill

Comment

It always bothers me that many recruits to the RDF ask their first question which is usually along the lines of "Do you really get cheap drink in the Barracks?"
                  Access to the mess,like everything else in the DF,should be earned,and not given as an automatic right. Remember also many recruits are still under 18,so should not be served alcohol anyway. A "dry" canteen should be provided as an alternative,indeed in many cases it should be the only alternative available to all.
                  The drinking culture has no place in military training.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

my opinion

1: privates mess is for privates, no recruits.
                    2: you should be allowed to drink all you want during training weeks. if you arent up to the challenge next day, whatever it may be, you suffer the consequences.
                    3: very nice forum, only found it today. it was gettin to the stage where i was making my own.
                    Thanks

Comment

Good point there Jimmy...(point 2). Drink all you like but dont expect any sympathy the following day when you are falling over with a hangover on the square.
                      its called common sense....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Eh... and what about the Reg for being drunk in uniform?
                        Glaine áir gcroí
                        Neart ár ngeag agus
                        beart de réir ár mbriathar

-"If people behaved in the way nations do, They would all be put in straight jackets" - Tennessee Williams

Comment

and by the way, am i the only one who picked up on him calling them fun camps? hes the type of reg that hinders the integration of pdf and rdf.

Comment

first of all before i start i want too make it clear that i am pro integration and by no means anti-fca,however i will say this.what pisses alot of pdf off about the fca is the way that alot of reservists behave when still in uniform.the majority of soldiers i know drink.none of them drink in uniform!i realise having been a bagger myself that on training nights you go for a few in the mess after training and so you are in uniform,but what is the excuse for getting s**t faced in uniform on paddys day?on the last two paddies days gone by in limerick i have seen fca personnel,in uniform drunk on the street.i can only assume they were fca cos i know they werent pdf but it was hard too tell cos they werent wearing berets!so the public sees what they think are soldiers p****d on the street.the army has been trying to win the pr war for the last few years,muppets like that dont help give a good impression to the civvies,who pay our wages

like i said i am pro fca,but s**t like that p****s me off.

Comment

i couldnt agree more. some reservists do bring shame to the uniform. how hard is it to bring a change of clothes? thats what we did for paddy's day. did you say anything to the fools with no berets?

Comment

thats limerick for ya barry.....
                                You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Working...
                                X