Army Age Restriction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Age Restriction

I heard today that the Age limit for the Army (PDF) is now older because of recruiting difficulties or something. i.e over 25. Has anyone else heard about this?
    Yes
    48.39%
    No
    51.61%

No I haven't heard anything! Don't get your hopes up on rumours.
    Anyone over 25 and under 27 can apply for the Naval service and then transfer to the army. Albeit this can prove difficult, it offers a military career for people over the army enlistment age!

Comment

The Cadet upper age limit has been increased from 24 to 27, if you have previous PDF service / a degree

Comment

fu@#ers Im 30!!!!!! you know I just cant win for losing.:(
        When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
        All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

*BUMP*

Read on the RDFRA website the following quote as part of the outline of some of the most prominent achievements of the RDFRA....

Raising of upper age limit for RDF/ASM joining PDF
          from here http://www.rdfra.ie/achievements.htm

Anyone know anything about this?

Tried contacting the RDFRA by phone... couldnt get an answer... have emailed them, expecting a reply, but does anyone know if there were concessions/credits implemented as suggested by the RDFRA in relation to upper age limits for members of the RDF??
          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

It no longer applies, as the higher age limit for civilians has been increased.

Comment

oh dear oh dear...

Thanks DeV.
              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Age limits are now -

RECRUITS:

Army 17 - Under 25 (on date of enlistment)
                Naval Service 17 - Under 27 (on date of enlistment)
                Air Corps 17 - Under 25 (on date of enlistment)

CADETS:

17 - Under 23 (on 1 October of year of competition)

17 - Under 27 (on 1 October of year of competition) with Diploma in NS type subject / Recognised Degree / member of PDF

Comment

PDF age limits

[MOD:Thread merge]

What does everyonr think of the current PDF age limit specifically the under 25 on enlistment rule. Surely there are people aged over 25 who are as capable as anyone 17-24. The BA I believe has varying age limits up to 30 so why not the PDF.

Comment

One of the main points of the last reorg (PwC) wsa to get a younger force. The ideal age for a private, according to them, is 19 to 25. In 1996, less than 10% fitted into this age group. The ideal age for SNCOs is 33 to 50, depending on rank.

Younger people are generally more open to learning, less set in their ways, etc

Comment

But on the other side of things would people 25+ be a bit more mature and therefore maybe take things a bit more seriously. I personally would prefer to have a 27 year old private beside me in a nasty situation rather than a 19 year old

Comment

In my opinion i'd prefer to have some one well trained beside me in a 'nasty situtation', regardless of age. I will not say anymore, as i will only end up insulting you.
                        The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Well obviously I would prefer to have a well trained person beside me but my point is that just because someone is over 25 should'nt necessarily mean that they are not capable

Comment

The DF didn't lower the upper age limit because they thought people over 24 were unsuitable, they did so to lower the overall age profile of the organisation. The British & US armed forces have higher age limits because they have a harder time getting the numbers in. The DF could well do the same in the future if they have similar problems.
                            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

So at the moment there is no real chance of the limits being changed?

Comment

Working...
                              X