New Mortar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mortar

I was told by the Chief of Staff, that the new VEKTOR 60mm mortar will introduced into RDF service this year, with the first courses taking place during the summer.

Certainly hob-nobbing with the best of 'em Brian. The Minister for Defence, the Chief of Staff....

Comment

I find this all hard to belive !!

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
        Ahhh, but he didn't just tell you, he told group of about 100 people!
        And?

Comment

Back to the point. The new sixty has been issued. Unfortunately, I hear that there has been a prob with the ammo. Apparently the tail fins sheared off of a round recently and firing has been discontinued. The consensus is that South African ammo is shite and is to be avoided at all costs.
          sigpic
          Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
          My favourite moment was when the
          Originally posted by hedgehog
          red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

I dont know if Im taking you up wrong or you're taking me up wrong but what I meant was hes mixing with quite an elite group of people. On this thread he referred to something the COS had said to him and on another thread today he mentioned a meeting with the Minister for Defence. The auidence is irrelevant as far as I can see.

Anyway the thread is about "New Mortar" so.......

"Hobnob"
            http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hobnob

Comment

nah... it wasnt 100, more like 50ish...
              Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Including kermit, T.I.M. and myself, but anyway the information is positive!

Comment

Was Docman there too?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

One assumes you mean this piece of hardware.
                    http://www.army-technology.com/contr...tor/index.html

Nice photo here
                    http://www.g2mil.com/West-anti-armor.htm

Comment

So which of the following mortar's did we actually get and when did it enter service with the PDF?

Vektor 60mm M1 mortar system ??

or

Vektor 60mm M6 long range mortar system ??

Comment

Unfortually I can't seem to get the info.

Comment

The 27th Infantry Battalion (PDF all army winners) have the new 60mm in stores..

To me the one the had was like the Vektor 60mm M1 mortar system, which has a range of 100m to 2100m. on that hyperlink. It was brown in color and had a small base plate and bypods.

Comment

Given that the undertanding was that it was to replace all current 60mm & 81 mm mortar systems in the PDF , please correct me if I'm wrong, surely the M6 Long range model would have been bought?

On this topic, with the 105mm Light Gun, when will the 25 pounder be phased out?
                            Also, the same forthe future of the 120mm Mortar?

Comment

The new 60mm is definitely a short-barrelled variant, a PDF friend of mine saw them in the stores. There's a standard version with a bipod & a commando version with just a baseplate. My friend has heard nothing about the replacement of the 81mm.
                              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Working...
                              X