• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Tribunius
    Corporal

• Tribunius
    replied
    Originally posted by bulldemboots!
    Am having severe difficulty acquiring a hard or soft copy of this manual. I need it soon.

If anybody has either and could supply me with a soft copy or a loan of hard copy I would be most grateful. PM me if you can help.

There isn't really a manual for it yet. Every course has hard copy info about it and its atributes but there is no offical manual like the steyr or gpmg.

Leave a comment:

• MOB87
    Piss Taker

• MOB87
    replied
    Originally posted by DeV View Post
    The Brandt AM50 120mm mortar, but i'm not sure if it has been phased out or not.
    "there are new ones being bought soon"
    I will believe this when i fire one of them

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    The Brandt AM50 120mm mortar, but i'm not sure if it has been phased out or not.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Originally posted by John P Hannon View Post
    Does the Republic of Ireland have 4.2 inch or 120mm mortars? The US was still using 4.2in in 'Desert Storm' mounted in APCs to make them AMC's in support of their Armour.
    120mm Brandt

Leave a comment:

• Parts
    Guest replied
    The only place I can think you'd get a soft copy is on the intranet. Dunno if the 60mm manual is up yet, though.

Leave a comment:

• John P Hannon
    C/S

• John P Hannon
    replied
    Does the Republic of Ireland have 4.2 inch or 120mm mortars? The US was still using 4.2in in 'Desert Storm' mounted in APCs to make them AMC's in support of their Armour.

Leave a comment:

• John P Hannon
    C/S

• John P Hannon
    replied
    Having been on the receiving end of an 81mm, it is the most frightening thing in the world, it knows your name and as it comes to ground it says 'Hanno I I I am going to find youuuuu'...crump!!
    John P Hannon
    C/S
    Last edited by John P Hannon; 4 February 2006, 14:31.

Leave a comment:

• Tribunius
    Corporal

• Tribunius
    replied
    Interesting video. Can see myself in it. Was a very good, well run course. It was done how it should be.
    Tribunius
    Corporal
    Last edited by Tribunius; 30 January 2006, 16:53.

Leave a comment:

• Bosco
    replied
    Just nit-picking more than anything else lad something that sticks in your head you know.

Leave a comment:

• Groundhog
    Chief of the Diet Tribe

• Groundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Bosco
    Was wondering about the colour myself actually. So in otherwords Df were to cheap to pay for green paint as extra.
    It doesn't really matter what colour it is as long as it does the job. After a few years the paint gets so chipped and worn away that the bare metal is more evident than the paintwork. The ordnance heads can paint them green anyway, if they want to.

Leave a comment:

• Bosco
    replied
    Saw the 60 at the Stand down in Limerick very nice piece of kit. Was wondering about the colour myself actually. So in otherwords Df were to cheap to pay for green paint as extra.
    Last edited by DeV; 27 January 2006, 17:59.

Leave a comment:

• happenin
    Lieutenant

• happenin
    replied
    Saw that before alright. Its good but i have a better one from when i fired the 81.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...969220&q=irish

Were you on a 60mm Mortar course last year? Interesting, if shaky movie of the RDF firing the 60(and running about) at the link above.

Leave a comment:

• Tribunius
    Corporal

• Tribunius
    replied
    No the 60mm is not replacing the 81mm. Its just the 60mm mortar course was run this year and the 81mm was not (At least that was the case over my way). This may have given rise to that idea.

Leave a comment:

• greyfox
    the gunney

• greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by apod
    The vektor has replaced the brandt as the 60 mortar in all pdf rifle coys.The reason it is tan/brown in colour is because it is made in south africa where that colour is more effective camo than olive green.
    guessed as much but you would think that the df could have specified green paint but i suppose it makes little differance , had one out of the box yesterday very nice piece of kit . as for them replacing the 81 mm i doubt it just the old 60 at coy level.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X