Limited Mandays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Mandays

In a meeting with the Minister of Defence, he stated to RDFRA that there is no limitation on the number of paid mandays available to each RDF member with regard to COURSES.

In limiting each member to 21/28 days paid training, it aim is to spread the available days between all the members and also to prevent incurring higher rates of PRSI.

As a test case, 2 RDF members from the AD will be attending the 6-week PDF Flycatcher Radar this year.

If you are effected by this email: info@rdfra.ie

Comment

isnt an 8 week course?
      Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

They must be doing it quicker.. really bright AD ppl in DUB.....
        I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

I could be mistaken, but its more than 28 days thats the point.

Comment

Finally something useful.

How long is the PDF basic driving course ?
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I was informed recently that as i have already attended 21 days training this year,i am now only guaranteed 7 days training.

Which can cause difficulty should a 2 week course come up...!!!!!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

From the RDFRA website:

Maximum days for Annual Training

The Department of Defence has confirmed that the period of training for the majority of members shall continue to be 7 days (seven days) but it will be possible for a number of members to avail of annual training and full time courses up to a maximum of 42 days.( forty two days) excluding RDFRA security and Border mandays. Members who exceed this latter maximum number of mandays will not be paid unless prior approval has been obtained from the department.

Comment

Goldie, looks like S.Bde is insisting on the 4 weeks, far as I know that's the GOCs position. Maybe not so in other Bdes.

Comment

Well maybe 4 weeks camp,but the duties shouldnt interfere with it.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                    X