New OP Boots to Replace Matterhorns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OP Boots to Replace Matterhorns

The New Operational PDF Pattern Boots are set to be coming on stream very soon now. A Friend of mine in the college of knowledge(Cadet School) has been issued and is very impressed. They are an Italien Gore Tex Boot. Far Superior to the Matterhorn, which weren't bad, just didn't offer much ankle support. Anyway watch this space!!

Yep heard this before, last I heard the PDF were getting LOWA boots.

Got a name for these Italian Boots?
    If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

just to put you out of your suspense,the new op boots are made by a german company called haix.the same company that has supplied the arw with boots for the last few years.anybody who needed new boots before we came to kosovo this april got them instead of the matterhorns,as these are going off the issue.the new boots are similar to the meindl army pro(same height)but have a different lacing system.they come with spare laces,spare insoles and a tin of boot dressing.so far anyone i have spoken to who got issued apair has given them the thumbs up.

also the lads going to liberia got issued hi-tec magnum amazons,same as the b.a hot weather boot.apparently various units have been testing these as the defence forces new summer boot,with the haix the new winter boot.hope that clears that up.:D

Comment

Will the RDF be issued with Both?

(will they get issued with any?)
        I see it now. Issue of the warm weather boot commences November,with the winter boot following in May.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

what will probably happen is that what is left of the matterhorn stocks,will be issued to the rdf second line in the short term.while the integrated rdf will be issued the same as their pdf parent unit.long term everybody should have the same kit .however as even the majority of us didn't get them coming out here,i would assume that operational pdf personnel will get them first.

Comment

Any new issue of boots would be welcome seeing as they're only issued every 3 years now according to my CQ.

Comment

New OP Boots

[ MOD : MERGE ]

Does anyone know what boot was selected to replace the matterhorns?

Comment

They appear to be a magnum variant. I could be wrong.

Comment

i thought i had allready answered that question!the new boot is the haix(kamfpscuh model 2)with the magnums on trial as the new summer boot.nuff said:(

Comment

Perhaps you could identify the boot in question on the haix website.

HAIX ist der weltweit führende Hersteller von Funktionsschuhen für Feuerwehren, Polizei und Einsatz-Truppen. Heroes Wear HAIX

Comment

checked the haix website myslf last night to see if i could get more details,but drew a blank.the new artillery/cav boot is there allright but no sign of our new boot.thisleads me too believe that perhaps it is a new boot by the company that hasn't been posted yet.trust me though the model name is the one i posted earlier cos thats what is written on the side of the box they come in.not sure what to make of them yet as only a small percentage of the company have been issued with them,but they are an improvement on the matterhorns for sure!

Comment

Barry Sheehan

I would be grateful if you could advise what model you understand the Arty/Cav boot is, as we have been issued Haix Kampfschuh mod 2 (213001) as same, which seems a bit strange as the Arty Boot is supposed to have a protective toe cap and the one on the boot as issued does'nt seem that protective to me

Many thanks

Sigma

Comment

hi sigma,

the model of boot that the cav/arty lads are wearing out here in kosovo i believe is known as the protector pro.it is a totally different boot to the one that the infantry lads got issued.the cav/arty boot has a different sole ,tunnel lacing and the protective toecap (kevlar i am told).
                          the kampfscuh mod.2 has d-ring lacing all the way up except for a lace lock where the foot flexes.the inf boot also has a differant sole and a tab at the rear to assist in pulling on the boots.

cant explain your situation,perhaps you were issued the wrong type of boot?

Comment

Hi Barry Sheehan

It certainly looks like we were issued the wrong boots in that we did not receive the Protector Pro but what seems to be the infantry boot !!!!, (kampfschuh mod .2) which has the characteristics you referred to for the infantry boot.

I'll have to look into it further, I suppose they can't really take the infantry boot back now that we've worn them but you never know !!!!

Thanks for the info, much appreciated, hope you're having a good trip

Cheers

Sigma

Comment

no hassle sigma glad i could help.the trip is going grand.weather is very good most days and we are very busy.wheat more could a grunt ask for?:D

Comment

Working...
                              X