Annual Allowance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Allowance

Just out of interest, what is the annual allowance given to an RDF infantary company to cover field day meals and christmas do's etc.
    Thanks in advance for any help

The grant in aid is €4123
    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

I'd like to know where all that fu*king money is going???
      Wouldnt that go along way towards more training and better equipment.
      ie. if we all had our dinners at home we might be able to replace the bren guns with the minimi. The brits gave every section in there army and marines TWO for only £4.5 million! I'd sacrafice my christmas dinner for that!

Comment

i know esb and phone bills and that but it still seems an awful lot?

Comment

It's not. Leave it at that.

Comment

Yer in the bog; where do you think the petrol for the transit comes from ?
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Yeah im with the rest of them here gaillimh. I know 4k wouldnt get me very far let alone a company!

Comment

thought transits were diesel........

Comment

According to my friendly desktop calculator, that works out as €343.58 per month.

What does the unit itself have to pay for out of this? Is accomodation paid for? Is blank ammo paid for? Food? Diesel? Light & Heat?
                  Take these men and women for your example.
                  Like them, remember that posterity can only
                  be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                  possession of those who have the
                  courage to defend it.
                  Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                  If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Found this thread quite interesting, so i did some research

Live Ammunition costs FROM http://www.marstar.ca/ammo/556x45mm.htm

NATO 5.56 ammunition....
                    1 20 round box $5.79 per box
                    10 20 round boxes (200 rounds total) $56.50 200 rds.

7.62 ammo ...
                    1 20 round cardboard box $4.95 per box
                    1 200 round lot (10 cardboard boxes) $44.95 10 boxes

BREN Mk 1 and 2 Mags....
                    MAG-023 .303 British 30* B Exc $10.00
                    BRN-173 12 BREN mags in original transit box Exc $99.00

Not sure about food, but came across MRE's costing 12 dollars for a pack with 12 food type items in it...
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Course if Morpheus had converted cdn$ to €, it might be more useful.

Anyway, governments don't buy ammo small boxes, it comes on pallets, and bulk pricing is lower.

Comment

I have been fed, in Mc Kee barracks, 3 weeks ago, and very well too.

We were also were introduced to and cooked field rations [EDIT] and tried them, they tasted fine.

whats your point?

I was trying to illustrate possible costs to be removed from the allowance, as JAG asked must we pay for ammunition (albeit blanks) and I didnt have time to search for the costs of blank Nato ammunition.

I knew the ammount of live ammo that each recruit on recruit camp fired this year and it would have cost quite a tidy sum based on my figures.
                        Last edited by morpheus; 12 May 2004, 13:08.
                        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

We don't have MREs
                          MREs cook themselves
                          "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Point on MRE's taken, post edited, My point is that its not a significant sum for a company re gaillimh85's post...
                            I'd like to know where all that fu*king money is going???
                            Its not really going anywhere except to pay for obvious bills, what'd you think they were spending it on?

What would be the obvious effects and benefits of increased allowance for a company in the opinion of experienced RDF IMO'ers?

Comment

You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Working...
                              X