Short Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Dressing

is the short arm dressing 'on dheis deasaigh' left arm up?or right arm up?
    for more on christy moore. www.liambyrne.com great performance. City 10-0 UTD

'I have heard him of the Ireland he wished to see. When he struck the spark on the anvil, he struck the anvil in my heart. When I leave school, the only pursuit I want to engage in is the winning of the freedom of my country'.

Right.
    As in From the Right - O an Dheis,

This gets strange with the steyr
    I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

re

makes sence. pnco platoon sgt was trying to convince us it was left .but at home we use the right

'I have heard him of the Ireland he wished to see. When he struck the spark on the anvil, he struck the anvil in my heart. When I leave school, the only pursuit I want to engage in is the winning of the freedom of my country'.

Comment

thought you just finished an NCO's course ??????????? :confused: ,

keep safe.

Comment

re

did my pncos course in easter. leath harbh is long arm not short

Comment

hehehe p.dougal - you are correct
            The command is NOT Leath anything. the Le hAdraimh (spelling) is the long arm dressing.
            I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

re

good stuff.its hard being a newbe standing by yourself, knowing no one. im easy deilusional being a student.i think??

Comment

tut tut tut...

"Leath harabh, ón dheis deasaígh " - dressing with intervals (long arm)
                "ón dheis deasaígh " - close dressing (short arm)

and its your left hand up on your hip!

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

ahhh another boil in the bag NCO....... :D ever think of looking in the manual?:D
                  You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

re

nothing in the manual.checked when the argument started many months ago

Comment

re

its in the manual.but it doesnt refer to a particular arm.he manual i have is very old.

Comment

re

anyway my question has been answered

Comment

Do you actually have a unit?

Why do you keep asking these questions in a public place?
                          "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

This is from the manual...

and the updated one at that!
                            Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

As per manual for "o dheis deasaig" it's Right hand on butt of rifle, Left hand on left hip with elbow extended. Or as we were taught " I'm a little tea pot":D

Comment

Working...
                              X