Getting into PDF with Trade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    More than likely the case with your friend WC he applied for & got a posting/transfer to an Engineer unit.
    Posting. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

Leave a comment:

• Erwin
    replied
    The only way the DF recruit tradesmen now is from the ranks through the trainee technician scheme.More than likely the case with your friend WC he applied for & got a posting/transfer to an Engineer unit.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I know a soldier from my FCA unit who joined the PDF directly after finishing his apprenticeship as an electrician. I'm pretty sure he secured some kind of promotion fast track because of this, i'll check it out.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    There are no longer apprenticeships in the DF, there are Trainee Technicians who are recruited from WITHIN the DF, but not sure what the story is if you have already completed an apprenticeship, but I know you CANNOT already be an apprentice when you join.

Leave a comment:

• strummer
    replied
    I remember around 1990 there was a competition for the Naval Service for Direct Entry Mechanics, Electricians and Radio/Radar Techs. I think the term was "artificers". If i remember correctly, it was a 5 year enlistment with guaranteed promotions to Petty Officer. I'm sure some of the seafaring types will know more about it. Perhaps there have been similar competitions since?

I don't remember ever seeing direct entry trades for the Army.

There have been plenty of advertisements over the years for civvie techs for both the Army and the Air Corps. Usually radio/avionics type slots.

My info is around 10 years old, so it quite possibly well out of date.

Later.

Leave a comment:

• The Joker
    started a topic Getting into PDF with Trade.

Getting into PDF with Trade.

A friend of mine is an electrician and is thinking of joining the army. However he wants to join the army as a sparks. Is this possible? Or do they just take apprentices from within the army?

Thanks
Working...
X