Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruit Training

Hey Guys,

How hard is recruit training? Are you required to do any swimming?
    My reason for asking is that I will be having my Fitness Test in the near future and expect to become a recruit there after.

Thanks,
    Chris

try the search function

"He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Hey Morpheus,

thanks for the Tip,

Chris

Comment

If anything..Dead Hard..

But fierce rewarding :D
        True soldiers don't scurry for their reward..

Comment

Originally posted by ForegoneReality
          If anything..Dead Hard..

But fierce rewarding :D
          In what sense is it rewarding?

Chris

Comment

I'm not directly in the PDF myself, not yet, though from those who I know who are currently serving in the PDF they found training the be intensive both physically and mentally.

Edit: Civil Defence isn't anything to do with PDF or RDF but it's under the DoD. So, technically, I'm indirectly involved with the military.

The rewards? What they've always noted was their sense of achievement after each run/course they had undertaken. The peak in fitness that's achieved gives those involved a great feeling of accomplishment that they reckon not many others could survive.

Edit: Not as in 'life or death'; surely you know I meant some people can't take the stress they're put through during training

That's their words, not mine. I'm looking forward to experiencing it myself. Barracks aren't supposed to be the nicest place to sleep in though..

Edit: I've stayed in Barracks. Sorry for making you think I haven't been in one. I meant that barracks were never intended to be like a holiday home. We stay in them for a few weeks in the year..but it's been about a year since. Besides, they're going to be refurbished in the near future, right?
            Last edited by ForegoneReality; 17 June 2004, 21:28.

Comment

I'm not directly in the PDF myself,
              Can you be in the PDF indirectly?

The peak in fitness that's achieved gives those involved a great feeling of accomplishment that they reckon not many others could survive.
              Why, have they had fatalities????

Barracks aren't supposed to be the nicest place to sleep in though..
              And you are expecting a penthouse suite at the Ritz perhaps?????
              "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

So.

Someone's being ignorant

Not my problem though :D

I simply answer questions to the best of my ability; and I ask..

What's wrong with that?

Comment

If I appeared rude or ignorant, I apologize - however, I would recommend that people take a little time to think about what they write before they click "submit"....to be honest, you really opened yourself up to that kind of reply.

BTW, you didn't answer my questions.........:p
                  "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

What combat posted was imo witty and not ignorant.
                    Back to the topic please.
                    If you wish to chat, pm each other and arrange a meet.

Regards etc

Comment

In other words, Foregone Realuty is relying on second-hand knowledge which may or may not be accurate.
                      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy
                        In other words, Foregone Realuty is relying on second-hand knowledge which may or may not be accurate.
                        Best way to put it..

Edited with the reasons as to why I posted what I did.

I didn't intend on starting something up, apologies :D
                        Last edited by ForegoneReality; 17 June 2004, 21:27.

Comment

Chris
                          Recruit training is individual to each person, some love it and thrive during it, some hate( in reality they cant hack it) it and go on their ticket, it is (and it should be) physcialy hard and mentally hard, you reach the lowest ebb that you think you can ever do, and its at this point that the soldiers are seperated from the civvie, if when your feeling lower than you ever have, you reach into the part of yourself that you have never been before and realise that you can actually go on then your one of us
                          when your cpl is bottling you- remember he went through it as well and so did the sgt and the officer and every other soldier you meet, and when you pass out we share a special bond.Your civvie mates begin to look like dip shits, you think of the the lads you trained with, got bottled with, got creased with, ran with, patrolled with, the lads who saw you cry saw you shit, saw you puke saw you fail and saw you succeed.
                          Try it or spend the rest of your life wondering, what type of soldier would you have made
                          but remember its going to be tougher than anything you have ever done, but its going to be the most enjoyable time of your life
                          but if your like me it will take you 19 years to figure that out,
                          best of luck and I look foward to creasing you and making you into a fine soldier
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Thanks for that hedgehog.
                            I have it in me to be a good soldier, I will never give up on anything. I am very determined to be the best that I can be...

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                            X