Urgent Help Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Required

Right, I got a phone call today from the DF telling me I have a pt test on Thursday now the problem is I was in a minor car accident a few week's ago and could not train and the guy on the phone today said I should "run my bollock's off" over the next 2 day's but my leg is still strapped from the accident and whenI tried to run today I came up after 3 minutes with stabbing pain, and now I'm really worried if I don't do the test I can't join and I don't know when they will take more recruit's but I have a stroke of luck because on the 30 of this month I've an interview in Limerick and what I wanted to know is if my medical can be transferred down here so I can do the physical here, do I need to phone Dublin and explain and they will do that or what, I'm desperate lad's, please help:( :(

[ MOD: Please insert the following into your future posts,,,,,,,,,,,,.................!!!! ]

Dunno mate. I wouldn't go busting your ass training over the next couple of days, you won't have time to recover anyway. I'd go for a run on wednesday and see if everything is up to par. If it's obvious you won't be able to do the run, just ring up whoever your contact is and explain the situation. You definitely got a crap deal, but they're taking in alof of recruits this year so you should get in on another intake. I've no clue about the medical sorry, they might make you do it again to make sure your leg is ok.

Comment

Should I tell the interview board in LImerick that I passed the medical and then they might get the info transfered or will they not give a shit?

Comment

If you say you're injured you won't be allowed do the test. And running your bollocks off over two days is one way of failing it anyway. If you've passed an interview and a medical and have been called for a PT test, why are you doing another interview in Limerick?

If you cannot do the PT test now then requst that you be allowed do it in a few weeks in Limerick, since you have already passed the interview process.
        sigpic
        Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
        My favourite moment was when the
        Originally posted by hedgehog
        red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

When I completed the medical I got a document saying I was fit for the pt test/fit for active duty with the PDF that has to be shown at the PT test before they allow you to do it. I gave mine to my recrutiing sergeant so he would have everyone's together. If you still have that fit for duty document then you might just be able to bring it down Limerick?? I think it's a long shot though. If you tell them you've sustained an injury, they might make you do the med test again!

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog
            If you say you're injured you won't be allowed do the test. And running your bollocks off over two days is one way of failing it anyway. If you've passed an interview and a medical and have been called for a PT test, why are you doing another interview in Limerick?

If you cannot do the PT test now then requst that you be allowed do it in a few weeks in Limerick, since you have already passed the interview process.
            I applied to the Southern Bde almost a year ago, I was not expecting the reply but out of the blue it arrived 3 week's ago and I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Comment

remember they don't take lame horse's in the PDF ,

keep safe.

Comment

So will it do any good to tell them on the interview board about passing the medical in Dublin, would they get the info sent down!!:confused:

Comment

good luck ..your army career has just gone out the window...welcome to civvy street!
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Wow that's a downer, well then off to the royal marine's for me

Comment

Not with a gammy leg you're not.....
                      "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

dont listen to him where there is a will there is a way!

Comment

There's also a medical screening and pretty rigorous fitness tests.

Roger Mellie

Comment

My leg will be fine I didn't step on a landmine

Comment

Then the best of luck, wherever you end up...why not try out at Parris Island? I might get some bennies for helping recruit you:D

Roger Mellie

Comment

Working...
                              X