Military Police motorcyclists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Police motorcyclists.

What power if any do these people have to stop traffic on a public road?I know we heard of problems on the M7 in 2002 during the convoys from the south to the Glen,and I saw it for myself yesterday when an outrider stopped traffic on a dual carriageway,while the convoy took a slip road off ramp. Stopping the traffic on the dual carriageway served no purpose,as it was in no way interfering with movement of traffic on the slip road. Is it that these people are given bikes with strobes and assume they have the same power as a Garda?

I noticed the later convoys also had garda outriders. Presumably to do this task legally?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Presumably the GS ask for this assistance as an ATCP task. Someone should write a letter to the Times about this sort of thing.:D
    sigpic
    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
    My favourite moment was when the
    Originally posted by hedgehog
    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

What happens if you dont stop for a PA on a public road? Is there any follow up?
      Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

If you're in military transport, then, yes, there probably would be, in a big way.
        If in civvy transport, I don't know the answer to that one...
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

The Military Police do the same in Kilworth - they block the road on either side with their motorcycles and land rovers and have their blue lights flashing - it looks cool at night - i was on the gate and a convoy was crossing the road so the PA's block it!
          Assurance is credable and to be credable you'v got to show you can do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Farel'
            What happens if you dont stop for a PA on a public road? Is there any follow up?
            A lot of damage to your wing and a loss of your no claims bonus........
            You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

274.—In any area specified in a manoeuvres (authorisation order or in the vicinity of any place used for artillery, rifle, bombing or other army, naval or air practices, the officer in command of the portion of the Defence Forces engaged in the manoeuvres or in such practices may temporarily stop all traffic by land or water in that area or in the vicinity of that place so far as in his opinion may be necessary for the security of life and the proper conduct of the manoeuvres or such practices.

Defence Act 1954

Comment

I suppose i better apologise to the traffic cone i knocked down then....

Thanks Bravo.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                X