FCA Military Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCA Military Police

Does anybody here think that the practice of taking recruits into FCA PA units is a bad idea? The PDF only allow trained soldiers to do transfer in after interviews, and if they do poorly on the probationer’s course they are turfed out again.

Should the PAs recruit trained personnel in order to avoid the perceived poor standard of personnel in the PAs, and the huge amount of power-tripping that goes on? Alternatively, does anybody reckon the system is working?

Finally, has anyone any knowledge of transferring across to the PAs from line units? Does it work in practice?
    Keep the current system
    30.00%
    Only recruit trained personnel
    70.00%

A recruit going into the PAs has to do everything on the Line recruit syallbus + PA type subjects, according to people I've talked to the as a 2* they do a very extensive course on being a PA. But I can't remember if this is thw probationer's course or just a 3* course.

Fortually, I don't see a lot of PAs on a professional basis, those I have seen haven't been on a power-trip, they want to get on with their job like anyone else, but don't want to make anymore for themselves.

Comment

The poor standard is as a result of the training regime within the PA units themselves, and I don't actually think taking "trained" people from other units would be the answer.
      Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

I presume the RDF PA suffer the same recruiting problems as other RDF units, Telling them that they can't have a fresh intake of reruits in my eye just would'nt work.

Comment

Well in that case all corps units would have to stop taking recruits, in the PDF no matter what unit you want to join you still do your recruit training with the infantry and then move to whatever unit.

Comment

never had much to do with fca pa's but any i have encountered were a1 , do PAs automaticly gain nco status once joined or soon thereafter if so i am sure there would be an abuse of power
            "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Its harder to tell PDF from RDF PAs now seeing they all wear the red beret.

[MOD: Once again DeV, what has this got to do with the topic?]

Comment

I Know a PDF instructor on the PA's course that is on at present and as well as PDF personel he also has RDF personel training alongside them.The poor sods have just started their two weeks in [MOD:Operational information deleted] .( I've heard a little of what they're in for):D

Comment

very likely to be off topic. but what do FCA PAs do on camp?

J

Comment

Its harder to tell if PAs are PDF or RDF, cause they wear exactly the same uniform, so people don't know if the people "power tripping" are PDF / RDF.

Comment

:D bye bye.
                      Last edited by Guest; 9 July 2004, 17:17.

Comment

Originally posted by BRENDAN
                        , in the PDF no matter what unit you want to join you still do your recruit training with the infantry and then move to whatever unit.
                        I think you should recheck that Brendan - corps units have run recruit training in the past.
                        I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

my point

hi
                          Last edited by Guest; 9 July 2004, 17:19.

Comment

Re: FCA Military Police

Originally posted by Western Commando
                            Should the PAs recruit trained personnel in order to avoid the perceived poor standard of personnel in the PAs, and the huge amount of power-tripping that goes on? Alternatively, does anybody reckon the system is working?
                            [/B]
                            This is with reference to the RDF PAs. If you can't tell the difference you can't say if its the RDF or PDF that are power tripping.

Comment

Originally posted by Earhart
                              I think you should recheck that Brendan - corps units have run recruit training in the past.
                              Aye, Earhart, but probably only the FAR, who would have sufficient
                              numbers to provide such training...
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                              X