Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZULU
    replied
    I love those moments. 2007/08 were especially good!

Leave a comment:

• fiannoglach
    replied
    No need. Think you are right about it being a case of right place at the right time.

Leave a comment:

• Hello Alaska
    replied
    Originally posted by fiannoglach View Post
    No, they don't train on it at all.
    Ok, just knew of someone who at least got to fire it while on the course. Probably just a case of being in the right place at the right time.

Going by your avatar you're in a better position to speak on it than I am so apologies for the misinformation.

Leave a comment:

• fiannoglach
    replied
    Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
    Lads train on it during the Sniper Instructor Course.
    No, they don't train on it at all.

Leave a comment:

• Hello Alaska
    replied
    Originally posted by morpheus View Post
    I realise its an anti materiel weapon, is it solely used by the ARW or do PDF infantry sniper teams train with it too?
    Lads train on it during the Sniper Instructor Course.

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    replied
    I realise its an anti materiel weapon, is it solely used by the ARW or do PDF infantry sniper teams train with it too?

Leave a comment:

• spaceghetti
    replied
    Originally posted by morpheus View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIWJfqDkwY&feature=fvw

the irish are in this with the 50cal sniper rifle
    Our guys won best foreign team in that comp, but about 20th overall or something apparently.

Thats the M82, not the AW50 that the ARW use. The DF doesn't have M82's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(I know these are old posts but.....)

Originally posted by kermit
    They are currently retailing new for about US$12,000. Lord only knows how much they were in 1992 when we bought them.
    The AW50 was only made in 2000 apparently.

Originally posted by coffee View Post
    mob87 is talking about the new awf .50 which are about £13000 sterling
    AWF50 is the same as the AW50 only with a folding stock instead of a fixed one, and it's an Australian version.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And then the AW50 itself is apparently an upscaled L96 redesigned for 12.7mm rounds. Which might explain why the DF went with it considering the standard rifle the PDF use is the L96.

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    replied
    Sharpshooters everywhere endorse the M107 .50 Caliber Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle on TOP SNIPER -- the show that follows elite sniper teams from around the g...

the irish are in this with the 50cal sniper rifle

Leave a comment:

• Infantry Sandbag
    replied
    50cal sniper rifle

This what ye're talking about?
    Last edited by Infantry Sandbag; 25 May 2006, 10:35. Reason: upload image

Leave a comment:

• pedro2006
    Guest replied
    the wing has everything ..........
    legends

they do have a .5 AI and its savage

Leave a comment:

• Muzzle
    replied
    Originally posted by hptmurphy
    oh the sniper thingy..it ws the AI 92...which was 7.62mm...was...new one on the way and it aint half inch ammo..ask any sniper he'll tell you..so most PDF batts or PDF friendly reserve units will in the near futuere be having a. shoot of of surplus ammo...if your not inb..you can't win...!
    The ARW have a .5 AI which sniper thingy you talkin about?? :confused:

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    But you have to have wings...or at least have shagged a female RDF commandant!...with relevant photos, or mediacl evidence....yeah i know i'm sick..but leagaly you shower ain't entitled to wear wings either!

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    oh the sniper thingy..it ws the AI 92...which was 7.62mm...was...new one on the way and it aint half inch ammo..ask any sniper he'll tell you..so most PDF batts or PDF friendly reserve units will in the near futuere be having a. shoot of of surplus ammo...if your not inb..you can't win...!

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    In the Irish army paralnce its not 50 calibre..its point five...which in naval parlance also indicated a 'half day'..the 12.7mm browning is derived from a world war one 13mm german round!

And most of the point fives in Df sourced from Manroy Engineering or FN herstal...apart from a pair..which were illegally imported in 1984...an in contradiction to popular belief were never mounted on the L.E. Deirdre on a permanent basis as they were always subject to criminal investigation...but thanks any way Mr Ferris for introducing them...Pity we didn't get to test them on your fore head!..yeah yeahh I know he is a serving TD and he might get offended...bring it on....I heard he shat himself the last time some one introduced him to some of FN Herstals products!
    Last edited by hptmurphy; 18 May 2006, 01:19.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    IOUs maybe?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X