No announcement yet.

RDF Reorg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No doubt the weapons display will include the very latest RDF equipment, Javelin A/T missile, MOWAG APC, Pilatus PC-9, or for that matter, the "personnal issue gear" including PLCE webbing, helmet, or for that mind the full DPM layering system.

Comment

The thermals are lovely. I got my set,have you not got yours yet?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

It seems to be only about 2,600 being trained up to serve overseas.

Which sounds to me like training people up to PDF standards, having them available for overseas service without the hassle of needing to pay them full time wages. Which is fine if it was 10-15k they were training up.

I suspect very many of those 2,600 will be First Line Reservists- i.e recent former PDF- to save on costs. I think there are about 250 recruits in training, so with numbers remaining static I'd guess around 500 leaving the PDF per year X five years (stay in first line for seven) = 2,600 reservists who can serve overseas.

This smells of good presentation and bad substance.

I remain, truly yours and ever cynical

JAG
        :(
        Take these men and women for your example.
        Like them, remember that posterity can only
        be for the free; that freedom is the sure
        possession of those who have the
        courage to defend it.
        Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
        If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

That's complete speculation, what makes you think the first-line reserve will be involved? They're not mentioned anywhere.
          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Like most of the legal profession,they pick at semi facts,and things they heard,and make apparent truths from this

The story will be out soon,after which time,any further speculation will be just daft.
            Wait a few minutes for the official release!

Comment

Its quite clear about that at the head of the section...

we must introduce an IMO IQ test....

Comment

The First Line Reserve has not trained over something like 10 years or more.

The 2,600 troops sounds suspiously like the number of personnel there will be integrated into PDF units. For example: the RDF Inf Coy within each PDF Inf Bn.

Comment

I'm bored with you now. Will repopen this thread when the facts are available...

Comment

Re-Org at last

Check it all out here!!!

(goldie can you stick this into the locked thread???)

cheers
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

At last some decent facts....
                      If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

Why is earhearts picture all over it?

Comment

And Queenie

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                            Its quite clear about that at the head of the section...

we must introduce an IMO IQ test....
                            Actually it just says that they will be checked

" however they will be checked by a moderator to ensure that they are News Articles"
                            Which could mean anything... Your right about that IQ test.

Anyway back to the topic.

I notice they have the fitness test in there, about time. The modualr and distance learning will be intresting, I wonder will they make it available online out side of parade hours (obviously with restricted access). I didnt see any mention of which PDF units we will be intrgrated with or what that will entail (but im sure we can guess).
                            Last edited by Muzzle; 26 July 2004, 20:39.

Comment

The Title of the Report is suitably named RDFRIP

Comment

Can anyone tell me why I can't see it. It loads up the page but all that comes up is a little box in the top left corner with a red square, green triangle and a blue circle in it.
                                To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Working...
                                X