No announcement yet.

Southern Brigade PSO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lads what planet are ye on? The Fourth Batt will hit the ground running.Ok the leaders might not be up to much but the other ranks are well versed in overseas missions(majority anyway).Operation Grapes of wrath,Operation Accountibility,The
    withdrawal of The IDF in 2000.Fourth Batt personnel in the middle of it.And that is just the tip of it.So lads dry your eyes and take the long faces off the next time that
    ye are in Kilworth.

Ex Fourth Batt.
    :-patriot:
    game on now Ger...

Comment

Operation Grapes of wrath,Operation Accountibility,The
      withdrawal of The IDF in 2000.Fourth Batt personnel in the middle of it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but every unit in the DF had people there as well. IMHO the 4th Bn talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

What section ? and what Platoon?

Jaysus, this was ages ago. How am I supposed to remember that.
      sigpic
      Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
      My favourite moment was when the
      red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

must really have got up your nose if your replying at 4 in the morning,you cant deny that 4th batt personnel have a great reputation overseas...one "mickey mouse" exercise in kilworth doesnt define a whole batt... you should no that when the shit hits the fan overseas its usually the cork lads (particularly the 4 batt) sort it out:p
        game on now Ger...

Comment

Self praise is no praise!
          Death before Dishonour.

Comment

You would have had to be there to comprehend the scale of the disaster. Junior officers totally unaware of their taskings........youg 3 star soldiers runnung up to corporals wonder what to do next.......Platoon and company commanders totally unaware of the situation ...to be compounded by ops who had less of a clue than anybody else.
            In the past the 4th may have been at the cutting edge but for now even the RDF composite company showed more cohesion. These were not merely any part of the battalion....these were the guys picked for the next Liberian deployment. They need a lot of work before they deploy.

their equipment was sadly lacking with no realistic comms. Some of the platoons ahd resorted to handheld motorolas whose batteries failed after an hour on the ground. After slagging off one particular PDF cav officer i was told that this would not be the case overseas to which I replied if they can't get it right on their own front door what chance have they in the middle of Africa. these units need to take a long hard look at them delves before exercisng ..never mind deploying.

If the basic foot soldier can't carry out his personel drills what chance has the battalion operating as an efficent unit.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

i agree,(sorry cpl.ponti)the standard in the 4th battalion has dropped somewhat and yet they still go around as if they were the only battalion in the brigade.pride goes before a fall.

however,if anybody outside of a pdf unit who has sweet F>A experiencethinks they are in aposition to criticise,then think again.there are too many armchair generals who think they know everything posting on this board.

ps.everybody knows that the 12th are the real silent professionals in the brigade!

Comment

barry,

if you took time to check other post's by murf you would know that he is an ex member of the PDF.

and as for the the 12th bn being the real silent pro's in the brigade...........:confused: ,oh, there's no smiley for falling around the place killeing yourself laughing :D ,

keep safe.

Comment

must really have got up your nose if your replying at 4 in the morning,

Just came in from work.

you cant deny that 4th batt personnel have a great reputation overseas...

Yes, I can and do deny it .

one "mickey mouse" exercise in kilworth doesnt define a whole batt... you should no that when the shit hits the fan overseas its usually the cork lads (particularly the 4 batt) sort it out

That said they are usually the problem to begin with.

ps.everybody knows that the 12th are the real silent professionals in the brigade!

Depends on what half you are talking about.

oh, there's no smiley for falling around the place killeing yourself laughing

Why isn't there a puking smiley?
                  sigpic
                  Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
                  red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

With reference to all that has been said about the 4 Bn, sources have confirmed in the last 18 months that the heart and soul has been torn out of this once proud unit.After the fallout of Eritrea they also lost some seasoned campaigners to other units(Transport,Signals,etc). These guys have not been replaced but with time more than likely will be.As for the 12 Bn,only for a 4 Bn man going there in a senior Nco Appt. the unit was finished.
                    game on now Ger...

Comment

Nice chap he is too.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Fair play Goldie Fish.Now if he was involver in PSO ex he would have kicked some a***.Auld HB himself.Nuff said.
                        game on now Ger...

Comment

Most of my mates who were 4bn are now 1 cav or 1 far. why the exodus? What happened in liberia?
                          I think since all units went to Collins,the 4th has lost its character. It has become too big,too impersonal,with no team spirit. the experts in bilocation,the 12th, still have the family feel about them,even if they are stretched over 2 counties
                          Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

Originally posted by cplPONTI
                            Fair play Goldie Fish.Now if he was involver in PSO ex he would have kicked some a***.Auld HB himself.Nuff said.
                            If we are talking about the same individual,i heard the 4th were delighted to send him away,as his juniors were tired of him rightly chewing them for not doing their job.

He is enjoying his tenure in the mid west.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I attended the same exercise last year when elements were preparing to deploy to Kosovo. Different ball game alltogether. It seemed they had a higher age profile in the ranks, and as a result the rank and file were more switched on. Knew a lot of the NCOs who had lots of overseas experience and they were the backbone of the ex. In fairness there were very few junior officers and most of those were captains who knew their shit. Much more organised and proffessional. There was no comparison between the units or the way things were run. The young blood in the army needs to be properly integrated with the old sweats or some units are going to suffer badly. This is becoming apparrent in the 4th.

Mr Sheehan I take it you refer to me as being an arm chair general . Age and experience are great levellers. I've been around, made my mistakes but make no apologies for my observations. Even the most benign of us would recognise a cluster****!
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

murf.
                                Apologies about my negative comment.I didnt know you were ex pdf.
                                I still stand by my comments about the 4th. I trained in Cork,and the soldiers who served in that unit before were of a much higher calibre than today.Hopefully that may be changed.I hope so.

As for ** being the saviour of the 12th, thats bollocks.We have at least two good coy sgts that could have been used to fill the vacancy. The vacancy was a brigade one and open to all. I believe as soon as one becomes available in Cork,** is gone.sideways moves and all that.

Yes, the 12th are the silent professionals of the brigade.4th bn and 3rd bn go around boasting about how great they are and all that but why?
                                We never had an Eritrea and at home we have twice the weekly workload. We just get on with it plus our bods are more mature.

:-patriot:

Comment

Working...
                                X