No announcement yet.

Hassle in Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last time i checked most parade nights start at 19.30 or 20.00. that gives at least 4 hours to each person to organise a lift or show up a little early and change into your uniform in barracks

Comment

we don't all finish work at 1600.
      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by muinteoir
        last time i checked most parade nights start at 19.30 or 20.00. that gives at least 4 hours to each person to organise a lift or show up a little early and change into your uniform in barracks
        My unit doesn't train in barracks, we train in centers. Due to the sheer size of the area in which the members of my battalion come from it can take up to an hour travel for some of them to get to centers.

When I started out in the reserve I had school until 4 and then 2 hours of afterschool study. Then I had to run home, shower, get my uniform ready, get something to eat and then leg it to the bus stop. Luckily I was early most of the time.
        To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

just keep walking

Comment

that gives at least 4 hours to each person
            I get off college @ 6pm on my training night. That gives me about 90 mins to get home from Maynooth, eat, make myself look respectable etc and make my way up to the J barracks. I'd say very few people have 4 hours to spare between work/school and training.
            "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
            - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

ok fair enough. but with the re-org shouldn't problems like that be rectified.

Comment

What are you suggesting?
                To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

maybe instead of meeting in halss they could parade in a more central location. maybe in the closest barracks. maybe they could provide transport and pick you all up at a collection point.

i was told during my rec training many moons ago by my nco's that it was against dfr a9 to wear your uniform in public as it could cause a panic.

sure what can you do? if you have to wear your uniform in public you have to do it. just ignore what people say

Comment

It is acceptable to wear your uniform, going to or coming from parade. It has been discussed before. I will attach the thread later.

Comment

http://www.irishmilitaryonline.com/b...1&postcount=84

R5 Secs 76 and 77

76. (1) Uniform shall be worn by members -

(a) when on military duty, and

(b) when proceeding to and from parades or other military duty.

(2) Uniform may be worn by members -

(a) when attending Church Services;

(b) when attending social functions promoted under State or official military auspices, or promoted by recognised Welfare Committees of the Defence Forces;

(c) on such other occasions as may be permitted by -

(i) the General Officer Commanding the Command in the case of officers, and

(ii) the Officer Commanding the Unit in the case of reservists.

Comment

use the ironing rooms available in all barracks.
                        I've never heard of drying rooms. Is there one in McKee? I doubt the PDF would like [edit]members of the Reserve Defence Forces[/edit] using their ironing rooms.
                        Last edited by Barry; 17 September 2005, 21:14.

Comment

[MOD: User Identified]that is unacceptable language. you do know you could be charged for that remark. thak you josh for that info. you have proven me wrong.

[MOD: Do not disclose another users identity without their permission.A repeat of this will lead to moderation.]

Comment

Can't make friends?
                            Can't find a job?
                            Still living at home?
                            Ego problem?
                            Join the RDF!

Learn useless skills that fill pages of resumes
                            Set your own hours
                            Guaranteed summer employment
                            No chance of being fired
                            Guaranteed career progression (regardless of ability)
                            Obtain complete power over people better than yourself
                            Have someone do everything for you
                            Get drunk, get away with anything, and get paid for it.
                            No Life?? You'll like it!

i find this attitude disturbing. of course people will be negative towards the rdf, especially if this is what one of its members thinks what its really all about.

Comment

I find you disturbing, the fact that someone as simple as you can be allowed to join our df, and have access to firearms!

Don't slag off long term members, we are wiser. I was once like you, only with a bigger iq and more cop on, you are only digging a hole!
                              The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Can't make friends?
                                Can't find a job?
                                Still living at home?
                                Ego problem?
                                Join the RDF!

Learn useless skills that fill pages of resumes
                                Set your own hours
                                Guaranteed summer employment
                                No chance of being fired
                                Guaranteed career progression (regardless of ability)
                                Obtain complete power over people better than yourself
                                Have someone do everything for you
                                Get drunk, get away with anything, and get paid for it.
                                No Life?? You'll like it!

i find this attitude disturbing. of course people will be negative towards the rdf, especially if this is what one of its members thinks what its really all about.
                                Can someone please get this man a sense of humour?

Comment

Working...
                                X