Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how it would affect our training if Reservists were not allowed to wear their uniforms before entering or after leaving the barracks.
    Obviously there would be the issue of changing facilities and i.d cards, but surely thay can be handled in the reorg.
    The PR benefit alone of not having fatties and apemen wandering the streets in DPM would be worth it.
    Certainly it would put a stop to the issue of drinking in uniform outside of barracks, for some of the worst walters time wasters and space takers in the reserve strutting about in the uniform is a major part of their buzz (they certainly dont get it from putting in effort) so a policy of not wearing the uniform in public (maybe not even taking it home, laundry parades?) would also unburden us of many such individuals.
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

hi hi

I am aware that this was said a while ago but here goes
      Personally I think recruits should be allowed drink (in moderation) for one night of their first camp
      When I was on my first camp anyone could drink any night (except monday cause we were out on the ground). Now allthough it makes little diff to me because i dont we were still able to and on most nights barring i believe 2 we could go out into the town and did not have to return till 2 and 02:30. 03:30 on the final evening. It was bloody brilliant.:D . And we were still able to do our job properly the next and take in the tech crap.:D
      Phrases like "oooww my head" spring to mind:D

Comment

The situation with regards to PDF recruit training & alcohol, depends on where they do it and what unit is running it. I know people who were allowed home every weekend during recruit training and others who had weekend passes only 2/3 times during the 16 weeks.

Comment

"Camp" is not there to be great craic in the pub
          "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Now that everybody has calmed down, I would just like to make known my opinion that I believe recruits should be forced to have a "dry" camp, after the displays I witnessed at annual camp!
            Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

Working...
            X