Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta
    Guest replied
    Dont get the matterhorns because in theory we will be getting issued them when every other boot in stores is gone. It could be 2 years at a guess. I have the Meindl Army Pro.. the higher up ones. I cant say a bad thing about them. They are warm, waterproof and comfortable always. They clean up very well too after a bit of hardship. €214 I think they were..

Leave a comment:

• ackack658
    replied
    I will bear that in mind. Thanx. What are the matterhorns like? Are they worth the cost?

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    Guest replied
    Go for the Meindl army-pro or island-pro, just a difference in colour, not sure about price though. Definately well worth a few quid to have.

Leave a comment:

• ackack658
    replied
    I am currently saving up for a pair of boots, I am going to get one good pair of boots, a really good pair with gore-tex lining and all the frills and keep the ones I have for parades.

Leave a comment:

• Thorpe
    replied
    Ah, No. I mean the old pdf boots. I rearly wear them though. I tend to stick with the pro-boot or the ex-BA boot.

Leave a comment:

• Delta
    Guest replied
    By combat boots Thorpe , do you mean the new matterhorns?

Leave a comment:

• Thorpe
    replied
    I have two pairs of issued boots (the normal and the combat boot).
    I have a pair of boots from woork that are perfect and act as my third pair of bootas and have a shine on them that is not funny.
    I then have a pair of ex-british army combat boots (for some strange reason they have a fairly good shine on them after all they have been through.
    and finally I ahve a set of Pro-boots. I ahve to admit they are the best.

Leave a comment:

• Delta
    Guest replied
    Everyone is entitled to be issued a second pair of boots now. You shouldnt really have to buy your own.

I did though.. for the sake of comfort. My lovely Meindls.. They're like armoured slippers

Leave a comment:

• LordFlash
    Guest replied
    I have experimented with mixing the polish with baby oil (instead of water) on an old pair of boots, and the results were amazing, sadly they don't last very long.
    However I'm sure the oil is good for the leather....

Leave a comment:

• Delta
    Guest replied
    KIWI Guardsman's Gloss with a bit of water. Shine it off with nylons and an old duster.

Lighters will crack the boots.. eventually.

Leave a comment:

• California Tanker
    replied
    The rifles in an American colour guard represent the fact that the nation came into being, and is defended, by strength and force of arms.

Or so I've been told.

NTM

Leave a comment:

• ackack658
    replied
    Not yet, another pair is on 'The List'. The famous list is a list of things I need to buy or spend money on in the next few months. On this list are a laptop, a good mobile phone, pair of boots etc, you can see where I am going with this

Leave a comment:

• Bailer
    replied
    Kiwi Polish, a hot spoon and Loads of Elbow Grease. Polish them Properly every time and it will get better over a week or 2.

Ack ack do you not have a spare pair of Boots??

Leave a comment:

• Bravo20
    replied
    Kiwi, no lighter, the number of layers depends on how long it was since you last polished the boots.

Leave a comment:

• ackack658
    replied
    I use a similar method, and there is nothing better to get a good shine, you can actually see ur face in them, however it does not last very long if you are using the same boots on the ground.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X