RDF Lt Col?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDF Lt Col?

On the subject of which are they now going to promote RDF officers beyond Commandant?

Yes, each Brigade will have One Lt Col.

It'll be wacky races for that job :-patriot:

[ nb in some places it already is ]
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

The Lt Cols are based in the 3 RDF brigade HQ's and one in the DFTC. God knows who will be the Bn Commanders, probably the Bn Commander of the "parent" PDF bn
      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

It's the one in the DFTC that will cause the most fun, rumour has it that someone in the NSR has their eye on it......
        Last edited by Vice Admiral; 4 August 2004, 03:22.
        No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
        No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

In other news,residents of Hell are looking forward to a sudden cold snap. Frost and icy roads are expected.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

There are going to only be 4 RDF Lt Cols as previously said, so non-integrated units will proberly continue to have a PDF cadre assigned, with a PDF CO.

Comment

The integrated units will be commanded by the CO of the PDF unit

Comment

"On the subject of which are they now going to promote RDF officers beyond Commandant?"

Are there any RDF officers in service competent to be promoted to Lt Col? With respect, I find it difficult to believe a RDF Comdt is at a comparable level to his PDF counterpart. If they are not, then a promotion to Lt Col makes a mockery of the alleged re-org before it even begins.
                Take these men and women for your example.
                Like them, remember that posterity can only
                be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                possession of those who have the
                courage to defend it.
                Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

There is to be only one Lt Col per brigade. I dont expect the crossed sword and pip will be given out in a lucky bag..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

There are plenty of competent Cmd's around I imagine that those involved in the special olympics would likely.
                    If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

I find it difficult to believe a RDF Comdt is at a comparable level to his PDF counterpart.

Not likely. But then a PDF Comdt has 20 years soldiering full time under his belt. His RDF counterpart hasn't. The whole idea of a reservist is that he has SOME knowledge of his military task and in the event of war he can be quickly prepared for combat.
                      sigpic
                      Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                      My favourite moment was when the
                      Originally posted by hedgehog
                      red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog
                        I find it difficult to believe a RDF Comdt is at a comparable level to his PDF counterpart.

Not likely. But then a PDF Comdt has 20 years soldiering full time under his belt. His RDF counterpart hasn't. The whole idea of a reservist is that he has SOME knowledge of his military task and in the event of war he can be quickly prepared for combat.
                        PDF Comdt may have 20 years full time service + 21 months cadet training + proberly a degree + Y/O Course + Std Offrs Cse + Jun C&S Cse

While most RDF Comdts may have c20 years part-time service + 2 weeks Pot NCOs Cse + 4 weeks Pre & Pot Offrs Course

The RDF Arty officers are the only ones who seem to do the Std Offrs Course, it isn't fair to compare them, if they aren't being trained for the job.

Comment

I was looking at the pitures on the wall in my HQ and I noticed that an ex commandant was a corporal in one picture and became IC of the company ten years down the line although I'm not sure if I was promoted to comandant at this stage. It was still some jump through the ranks

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                            You need to keep your ears open and your mouth shut. There are currently YOs, Junior and Senior C&S courses being run for reserve Officers.

Reserve Officers only reach Captain, automatically, 15 years after being commissioned, so fair play to any RDF Comdt in DeVs unit with only 20 years total service.
                            "CURRENTLY .. being run" - they haven't been in the past

Any person (including a reservist) can be nominated to be an officer, if the have a degree/diploma/equivalent qualification/other special qualification of military value.

Therefore a grand new recruit could be nominated to do the Pre-Pot Officers Course, do the Pot Officers Course (that 2 years so far), could therefore reach captain after 17 years service, therefore promotion to Comdt could be reachable after 3 years in rank.

The Minister can promote any officer to higher substantive rank (that is to say a Lt can be promoted to Capt before they reach 15 years service as an officer).

Comment

there has been one RDF one thusfar

There was one this year, one the previous year [ and more besides ] .

As in proper C&S courses.
                              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                              X